TN Statewide Agricultural Producer Association Grant Program
Tennessee Department of Agriculture
Grant amount: Up to US $3,000
Anticipated deadline: Oct 15, 2019
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit College / University
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program, Conference, Education / Outreach
Location of project: Tennessee
Location of residency: TennesseeView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Statewide Agricultural Producer Association Grant Program
The purpose of the Statewide Agricultural Producer Association Grant Program is to increase income to Tennessee farmers by providing assistance for eligible activities of statewide agricultural producer associations across Tennessee. These activities contribute to the education, training and marketing skills of Tennessee agricultural producers as well as developing markets for farm products.
Grants are available to qualified statewide agricultural producer associations in amounts up to $3,000 (maximum).
Total funding is limited and grant requests are competitive.
The Tennessee Department of Agriculture (TDA) is providing this opportunity through the Tennessee Agricultural Enhancement Program (TAEP). TAEP is a direct result of the State of Tennessee's continued commitment to supporting farm development and Tennessee's agricultural community.
Emphasis is placed on activities that directly impact the greatest number of producers and increase agricultural economic opportunity. Projects should be innovative and must not substitute for existing programs.
- Education, demonstration, and training
- Expert speakers, training materials, and related educational items
- Food safety issues
- Identifying and utilizing new marketing opportunities for agricultural products
- Increasing sales of agricultural products grown in Tennessee
- Specialized equipment and infrastructure that result in increased farm income
- Consultants, if approved in advance by TDA
- Others, as approved by TDA
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grant funds are available to statewide agricultural producer associations for the purpose of increasing education, training, marketing and other approved activities.
- Clearly identified and quantifiable performance measures should be a part of the proposal.
- Grants will be issued to legally organized associations (501-C-3, city or county government, university, etc.) capable of receiving and managing state grant funds.
- Activities must meet all federal, state and local building, food safety, and regulatory requirements.
- Application Evaluation Criteria - Important considerations will be:
- The overall soundness of the proposed activity’s goals, objectives, project management and work plan. The project should have clearly identified and quantifiable performance measures.
- Priority is placed on activities that directly impact the greatest number of producers and increase agricultural economic opportunity.
- Applicant must demonstrate ability and financial capacity to conduct activity; successful and timely implementation and documentation of previous Tennessee Department of Agriculture grants is a factor in proposal evaluation.
- Only applications that are complete and include sufficient information will be considered for evaluation.
- As part of the evaluation process, a meeting with the applicant and/or a visit to the applicant’s enterprise may be required.
- Local and regional groups are not eligible to apply.
- Ineligible Costs: These include, but are not limited to:
- Administrative and overhead costs
- Paying off existing debt
- Purchase of property
- Travel and other travel expenses related to the day-to-day operation of the organization
- Salaries, wages, and fringe benefits of existing employees
- Office equipment
- Funds may not be used to pay for meeting or convention expenses other than travel expenses (airfare, mileage, and lodging) for expert speakers, training materials, and related items as approved.
- Expenses cannot exceed the State of Tennessee’s Comprehensive Travel Regulations.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the TN Statewide Agricultural Producer Association Grant Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.