TN Statewide Agricultural Producer Association Grant Program
Tennessee Department of AgricultureSuggest an update
Anticipated deadline: Dec 1, 2020
Grant amount: Up to US $3,000
Fields of work: Farms & Farming Agricultural Economics
Applicant type: Government Entity, Nonprofit, College / University
Funding uses: Project / Program, Conference, Education / Outreach
Location of project: Tennessee
Location of residency: TennesseeView website Save
Statewide Agricultural Producer Association Grant Program
The purpose of the Statewide Agricultural Producer Association Grant Program is to increase income to Tennessee farmers by providing assistance for eligible activities of statewide agricultural producer associations across Tennessee. These activities contribute to the education, training and marketing skills of Tennessee agricultural producers as well as developing markets for farm products.
Grants are available to qualified statewide agricultural producer associations in amounts up to $3,000 (maximum).
Total funding is limited and grant requests are competitive.
The Tennessee Department of Agriculture (TDA) is providing this opportunity through the Tennessee Agricultural Enhancement Program (TAEP). TAEP is a direct result of the State of Tennessee's continued commitment to supporting farm development and Tennessee's agricultural community.
Emphasis is placed on activities that directly impact the greatest number of producers and increase agricultural and forestry related economic opportunity. Projects must be innovative and not a substitute for existing programs.
- Identifying and utilizing new marketing opportunities for agriculture and forestry related products
- Increasing sales of agriculture and forestry related products grown in Tennessee
- Education, demonstration, and training
- Expert speakers, training materials, and related educational items
- Statewide producer meeting expenses
- Other, as pre-approved by TDA
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grant funds are available to statewide agricultural producer associations who meet the eligibility requirements below. A qualified association must:
- Be statewide. Local and regional associations are not eligible to apply due to budget limitations.
- Clearly identified and quantifiable performance measures should be a part of the proposal.
- Associations must be legally organized (501C3, city or county government, university, etc.) and capable of receiving and managing state grant funds.
- Activities must meet all federal, state, and local building, food safety, and regulatory requirements.
- Local and regional groups are not eligible to apply.
- Ineligible Costs: These include, but are not limited to:
- Administrative and overhead costs
- Paying off existing debt
- Purchase of property
- Travel and other travel expenses related to the day-to-day operation of the organization
- Salaries, wages, and fringe benefits of existing employees
- Office equipment
- Funds may not be used to pay for meeting or convention expenses other than travel expenses (airfare, mileage, and lodging) for expert speakers, training materials, and related items as approved.
- Expenses cannot exceed the State of Tennessee’s Comprehensive Travel Regulations.
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”