Tomberg & Brecher Charitable Funds Grant
Tomberg Family PhilanthropiesSuggest an update
Next deadline: Sep 8, 2020 11:59pm PDT (Letter of inquiry)
Later deadlines: Dec 21, 2020 11:59pm PST (Full proposal)
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $15,000
Fields of work: Environment Education Poverty Alleviation & Services Health & Medicine
Applicant type: Nonprofit, Government Entity, Public Elementary / Secondary School, Public College / University
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program, Training / Capacity Building
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save
The mission of the Tomberg Family Philanthropies is to support well run and effective programs that make a difference in the areas of poverty alleviation, the environment, health and education. Our focus is on supporting projects that help their recipients build capabilities themselves that will last far beyond the end of the specific project.
We agree with the Nobel Committee that “every single individual on earth has both the potential and the right to live a decent life.”
We make grants to organizations working in the areas of:
- the environment,
- health, and
- poverty alleviation.
We look for funding opportunities such as pilot programs, support of new programs, capacity building, evaluations, Etc. that allow us to make a larger difference with limited funds than would be possible otherwise.
We take a ‘pilot’ to mean a first delivery of a new program or offering, intended to serve as a test of the program; test results from the pilot inform the decision to continue delivering the program as is, or with changes.
We normally can only offer support for up to three years for each program we fund.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Tomberg Family Philanthropies only makes grants to 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations based in the United States and certain government entities or public institutions in the United States such as public schools and universities.
- We fund projects worldwide that are run by these organizations.
- In most cases, we initially will make grants to support individual projects only.
- Due to the limited size and number of our grants, we normally are not able to support ongoing operations of existing programs.
- We generally will not make grants to fund the general operational expenses of non-profit organizations.
- After the first year, if continued funding is approved, a portion of the grants may be designated for capacity building efforts.
- We do not make grants to religious organizations or to fund projects run by religious organizations.
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”