Tomberg & Brecher Charitable Funds Grant
Tomberg Family Philanthropies
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $15,000
Next anticipated deadline: Dec 22, 2018 11:59pm PST (Full proposal)
Later anticipated deadlines: Sep 17, 2019 11:59pm PDT (Letter of inquiry)
Applicant type: Nonprofit Government Entity Public Elementary / Secondary School Public College / University
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program, Training / Capacity Building
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The mission of the Tomberg Family Philanthropies is to support well run and effective programs that make a difference in the areas of poverty alleviation, the environment, health and education. Our focus is on supporting projects that help their recipients build capabilities themselves that will last far beyond the end of the specific project.
We agree with the Nobel Committee that “every single individual on earth has both the potential and the right to live a decent life.”
We make grants to organizations working in the areas of:
- the environment,
- health, and
- poverty alleviation.
We look for funding opportunities such as pilot programs, support of new programs, capacity building, evaluations, Etc. that allow us to make a larger difference with limited funds than would be possible otherwise.
We normally can only offer support for up to three years for each program we fund.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Tomberg Family Philanthropies only makes grants to 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations based in the United States and certain government entities or public institutions in the United States such as public schools and universities.
- We generally will not make grants to fund the general operational expenses of non-profit organizations.
- Due to the limited size and number of our grants, we normally are not able to support ongoing operations of existing programs.
- After the first year, if continued funding is approved, a portion of the grants may be designated for capacity building efforts.
- We do not make grants to religious organizations or to fund projects run by religious organizations.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Tomberg & Brecher Charitable Funds Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.