Grants For Grades 6-12 ($5,000 or Less)
Toshiba America Foundation
Grant amount: Up to US $5,000
Next deadline: Jun 1, 2018
Later deadlines: Sep 1, 2018, Dec 1, 2018, Mar 1, 2019
Applicant type: Teacher
Funding uses: Education / Outreach
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Toshiba America Foundation's mission is to provide teachers with additional funds to support classroom projects. After school, summer projects, and independent study projects are not eligible. The Foundation strongly encourages projects planned and led by individual teachers or teams of teachers for their own classrooms.
Many successful grantees have designed projects that tap into the natural curiosity of their students, enable students to frame their own scientific questions, and incorporate the expertise of community partners.
Science and math teachers in public or private (non-profit) schools may apply for grants to support classroom science and math education. Endorsement from a school official is required.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Science and math teachers in public or private (non-profit) schools may apply for grants to support classroom science and math education.
- Must be an instructor for grades 6-12.
- TAF funding is usually directed to K-12 schools. Educational nonprofits and universities working with K-12 teachers are occasionally considered, but please call the foundation first.
- Applications must be for project based learning.
- Endorsement from a school official is required.
- The Foundation strongly encourages projects planned and led by individual teachers or teams of teachers for their own classrooms.
- Toshiba America Foundation will not contribute to general operations, capital projects, endowments, conferences, independent study, fund raising events, or similar activities.
- Religious or political causes will not be supported.
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of sex, race, age, disability or religion are not eligible for funding.
- No grants will be made to individuals.
- Summer projects or after school programs cannot be considered.
- Salaries, facility maintenance, textbooks, video production, audio-visual equipment (e.g. electronic white boards, Smartboards, document projectors, student response systems) and education research will not be funded.
- No grants are available for computer hardware.
- No single school may receive more than one grant at a time.
- No new applications will be considered from grantees until final reports are approved.
- We do not consider requests solely for computers.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Grants For Grades 6-12 ($5,000 or Less) by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.