Grants For Grades K - 5 Teachers
Toshiba America Foundation
Grant amount: Up to US $1,000
Anticipated deadline: Oct 1, 2019
Applicant type: Teacher
Funding uses: Education / Outreach
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Toshiba America Foundation (TAF) grants fund the projects ideas and materials teachers need to innovate in their math and science classrooms. TAF is interested in funding projects designed by teachers or small teams of teachers for use in their own schools.
Toshiba America Foundation believes science and mathematics are exciting fields in which all students can succeed with the proper tools and instruction.
Toshiba America Foundation grants support public and nonprofit private schools throughout the United States. Founded in 1990, with support from Toshiba Corporation and the Toshiba America Group Companies, Toshiba America Foundation (TAF) is dedicated to helping classroom teachers make mathematics and science learning fun and successful for students in U.S. schools.
K-5 grade teachers are invited to apply for the Toshiba America Foundation grant to help bring an innovative hands-on project into their own classroom.
With a Toshiba America Foundation grant, elementary teachers can bring their best new teaching ideas to life. Many successful grantees have designed projects that tap into the natural curiosity of their students, enable students to frame their own scientific questions, and incorporate the expertise of community partners.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Any K-5 teacher in a public or private (not-for-profit) school is eligible for a grant to support science or math education for project materials only.
- Educational nonprofits and universities working with K-12 teachers are occasionally considered, but please call the foundation first.
- The Foundation strongly encourages projects planned and led by individual teachers or teams of teachers for their own classrooms.
- Toshiba America Foundation will not contribute to general operations, capital projects, endowments, conferences, independent study, fund raising events, or similar activities.
- Religious or political causes will not be supported.
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of sex, race, age, disability or religion are not eligible for funding.
- No grants will be made to individuals.
- Summer projects or after school programs cannot be considered.
- Salaries, facility maintenance, textbooks, video production, audio-visual equipment (e.g. electronic white boards, Smartboards, document projectors, student response systems) and education research will not be funded.
- No grants are available for computer hardware.
- No single school may receive more than one grant at a time.
- No new applications will be considered from grantees until final reports are approved. TAF funding is usually directed to K-12 schools.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Grants For Grades K - 5 Teachers by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.