Impact Grants ($100K Over 3 Years)
Woodard & Curran Foundation
Grant amount: US $100,000
Anticipated deadline: Jun 30, 2019 8:59pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Research, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Woodard & Curran Foundation is a public nonprofit organization dedicated to making grants that empower local and global solutions for a healthier world. The Foundation's giving strategy focuses on this basic resource: clean water. Whether you live in an area where water supplies are plentiful or where water is scarce, concerns about water conservation, sanitation, and safe drinking water supplies are growing increasingly urgent, locally and globally.
Initiative: Fund one innovative project that applies or advances technology by addressing water issues (e.g. water, wastewater, stormwater, etc.) relating to climate change.
Award Amount: Woodard & Curran Foundation will award one grant for $100,000 over three consecutive years, beginning in November 2018, and dispersed as follows: $33,000 in 2018; $33,000 in 2019; and $34,000 in 2020.
When partnering with an organization, we look for:
- An innovative mindset
- Practical solutions
- A focus on action and outcomes
- Organizations that are committed to maximizing the impact of our investment
- Projects that will have a sustainable impact on the community
- Projects that utilize and/or rely on volunteers
- Projects that are ready for implementation in a real-world setting
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- An applicant must:
- Be a US-based organization
- Have received 501(c)(3) non-profit designation as of the date of the application and must retain that status throughout the grant term
- Not be a house of worship, a political organization, or political action committee
- Not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, national origin, political persuasion, age, physical handicap, gender or sexual orientation
- The proposed project must:
- Be an innovative project that applies or advances technology to address water (e.g. water, wastewater, stormwater, etc.) issues relating to climate change.
- Support the public at large (i.e., not a single individual).
- The project can be located outside the U.S.; however, projects that rely primarily on international staff with little or no U.S. benefit are not likely to fare well during our review process.
- Additional preference will be given when those efforts include a defined educational component.
- We do not accept applications from organizations that are based outside the US,
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Impact Grants ($100K Over 3 Years) by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.