Trans-Antarctic Grants Program
Grant amount: Up to £1,500
Anticipated deadline: Jan 31, 2019
Applicant type: Individuals
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Antarctica
Location of residency: Anywhere in the world
Location of citizenship: Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, United Kingdom
Must travel to: AntarcticaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Trans-Antarctic Association (Registered Charity No. 205773) was established to promote, organise, encourage or support scientific research or expeditions of discovery in the Antarctic.
The association arose from the profit made by the Commonwealth Trans-Antarctic Expedition (TAE) (1955-58) led by Sir Vivian Fuchs. Amongst other achievements, the TAE completed the first crossing of Antarctica, and an overview of the expedition can be found below.
The Trans-Antarctic Association provides financial grants in support of field work or travel to Antarctica, as
well as equipment and other research activities directly related to
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants are awarded only for Antarctic and / or directly related work and only to nationals of Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and the United Kingdom.
- Please note that citizenship is required, and residence in one of these countries alone does not qualify.
- Citizens of eligible countries that reside in another country are eligible.
- Please note that the Association cannot support requests for salary funding, and does not normally provide subsistence or living expenses.
- The TAA does not consider retrospective applications (ie. an application
to fund an activity that has already taken place, or will have taken
place, before grant notification).
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Trans-Antarctic Grants Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.