Horace M. Thayer Scholarship Program
Jun 1, 2018
Location of project:
Anywhere in the world
Location of residency:
Need help writing this grant?
The TREE Fund works to sustain the world’s urban forests by providing funding for scientific research, education programs, and scholarships related to arboriculture and urban forestry. Through the generous support of corporate and individual sponsors and donors our organization offers:
- Funding for scientific research into critical urban tree care issues
- Funding for arboriculture education programs
- Scholarships for aspiring arborists
TREE Fund scholarships help students who are interested in careers in arboriculture and urban forestry to pursue their dreams.
The Horace M. Thayer Scholarship Program provides financial support for university and college students through scholarships to foster a greater appreciation of shade trees and promote the science and practice of professional arboriculture in Pennsylvania and Delaware. The award is non-renewable, but can be applied for annually. All awards will be paid directly to the educational institution attended by the recipient in two equal payments.
The TREE Fund does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability or national or ethnic origin.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- All of the following criteria must be met to qualify:
- Resident of Pennsylvania or Delaware.
- Returning to the second year of a two- or four-year program at an accredited college or university and be currently enrolled in a major, minor, option, or program of arboriculture, horticulture, forestry, or urban forestry.
- 2.5 GPA minimum.
- Current trustees of the TREE Fund or any member of the family of any such trustee are ineligible to receive scholarships from the TREE Fund.
- A student may apply for both the Fran Ward Women in Arboriculture and Horace M. Thayer Scholarships, but no student may receive both scholarships concurrently.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Horace M. Thayer Scholarship Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.