John Wright Memorial Scholarship
Suggest an update
Mar 15, 2020
Undergraduate Student High School Student
Location of project:
Anywhere in the world
Location of residency:
Location of citizenship:
Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The John Wright Memorial Scholarship Program funds one student scholarship per year. This scholarship was established at TREE Fund by Wright Tree Service in honor and memory of its founder, John L. Wright, and his son, John R. Wright.
The purpose of this one-year scholarship is to support the arboriculture industry by helping college students interested in commercial arboriculture achieve high academic goals without accumulating burdensome debt.
The TREE Fund does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability or national or ethnic origin.
One $5,000 scholarship will be awarded annually, to be paid in full at the start of the fall semester after the spring application cycle (e.g. apply in January to March 2019 for the Fall 2019 Semester). The award is non-renewable, but can be applied for annually. All awards will be paid directly to the educational institution attended by the recipient, in full, after required documentation has been received. Awards may only be applied to tuition expense.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must be high school seniors entering college or community college, or returning college students seeking a first bachelor’s degree or associate’s degree while attending an accredited US college or university.
- All applicants must plan to enter the commercial arboriculture industry.
- All of the following criteria must be met to qualify:
- Pursuing a career in the commercial arboriculture industry;
- Entering or returning student at an accredited undergraduate institution in the United States;
- 3.0 GPA minimum;
- United States citizen;
- Employed at least part-time.
- Current trustees of the TREE Fund or any member of the family of any such trustee are ineligible to receive scholarships from the TREE Fund.
- Applicants may not request scholarships greater than the anticipated amount of their tuition expense for the academic year in which the grants will be paid.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the John Wright Memorial Scholarship by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.