Tropical Agriculture Association
Grant amount: Up to £1,000
Anticipated deadline: Mar 31, 2018
Applicant type: Graduate Student
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United Kingdom
Location of citizenship: United Kingdom
Age restriction: No more than 30 years of ageView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Tropical Agriculture Association Award Fund (TAAF) is now inviting applications from MSc students in natural resource subjects, for awards of up to £1000 to enable them to undertake overseas visits and assignments (normal minimum duration 8 weeks) relevant to their on-going studies.
The purpose of the TAAF is to assist young British nationals or long term UK residents to gain experience and understanding of overseas rural development with a view to:
- Bringing benefits to the local community and recipient country.
- Opening possible paths to a career in development.
- Contributing to knowledge and understanding in the UK of development issues.
- Contributing to links between UK institutions and developing countries.
15 University Departments offering MSc courses in natural resources-related subjects relevant to
overseas development are being invited to put forward suitable candidates for these awards. A
maximum of five applicants, shortlisted by department heads, will be considered from each university.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants for TAAF MSc awards are normally required to:
- be a UK citizens or long term residents of the UK
- hold a first degree in a natural resources-related discipline
- have a serious interest in international development
- be under 30 years of age.
- University Departments which offer MSc courses in natural resources-related subjects relevant to overseas development are being invited to put forward suitable candidates for these awards.
- A maximum of five applicants, shortlisted by department heads, will be considered from each university.
- Endorsement of applicants by the Head of Department is an essential requirement.
- Eligible universities:
- Bangor, University of Wales
- Royal Agricultural College, Cirencester
- University of East Anglia
- University of Edinburgh
- University of Glasgow
- Imperial College, London
- University of Manchester
- Newcastle University
- University of Oxford
- University of Reading
- University of Sheffield
- University of Sussex
- School of Oriental and African Studies, London
- University College London
- University of Cambridge
- Other universities which offer relevant courses may also submit application
- The offer of a two month TAAF award does not exclude awardees from putting in future applications for a six-month award.
- Priority will be given to strong applicants with well prepared proposals relevant to the needs of the local population, to the student's course of study, and with a commitment to working in the long term in development.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the MSc/Masters Award by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.