Discretionary Grants- Open/Competitive (Discretionary) Grant
Tahoe Truckee Community Foundation
Grant amount: Approximately US $5,000
Deadline: Sep 3, 2018 5:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program, Training / Capacity Building
Location of project: Counties in California: Nevada County, Placer County, Sierra County, Washoe County, Nevada
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Truckee Tahoe Community Foundation matches philanthropic interests with charitable needs to enhance the quality of life in the Truckee-North Tahoe community in California
Areas of Interest
The Foundation is broad based in its funding interests. We fund in the following areas of interest.
- Arts, Culture and Public Benefit
- Education and Youth Development
- Environment, Conservation, & Animal Welfare
- Health and Human Services
Types of Grants
This is the grant cycle for any and all organizations seeking funding!
Bring us your creative ideas, your requests for general operating funds,
or your needs for expanding services.
The Open Competitive Fund will accept various types of grant proposals.
- The first is our more typical Program/Equipment grant.
- These grants generally go toward either hard costs or staffing costs for specific projects, or towards equipment purchases like phones or computers.
- We will also be accepting applications for Core Operating Funds (for example salaries, rent, utilities) and Capacity Building (for example, strategic planning, board development and governance, marketing and communication, financial reporting, evaluation and more).
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants are awarded to organizations located in or directly serving the geographic areas of Donner Summit, Truckee, Squaw Valley, and the west and north shores of Lake Tahoe including Incline Village.
- While we will fund organizations out of this area, we primarily look for services utilized by the residents of our region.
- All proposals must:
- show community support.
- not supplant funds or duplicate services.
- If applicable, have a plan for sustainability.
- TTCF does not make grants from its unrestricted funds for the following:
- Direct religious activities.
- Political activism, lobbying, legislative activities, or legal action.
- Organizations that discriminate based on race, color, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, or national origin
- Usually, TTCF does not fund:
- Field trips and participation in activities by parental choice.
- Capital Campaigns
- Activities that have already occurred
- School based activities, unless they impact students district wide or impact the broader community.
- Organizations more than one time in a calendar year.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Discretionary Grants- Open/Competitive (Discretionary) Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.