Queen of Hearts Women’s Fund
Tahoe Truckee Community Foundation
Grant amount: Up to US $10,000
Deadline: Sep 3, 2018 5:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in California: Nevada County, Placer County, Sierra County, Washoe County, Nevada
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Queen of Hearts Women’s Fund promotes the participation of women in philanthropy. Our mission is to offer significant financial support to community organizations dedicated to improving the Truckee Tahoe community. Our grant making process is designed to offer maximum opportunities for women to be involved in learning about the needs and issues of our community and to have a broad level of input into decision making. This year the Queen of Hearts will make four grants.
The Queen of Hearts Women’s Fund is broad based in its funding interests. We will make one grant in each of the following areas of interest:
- Arts, Culture and Public Benefit
- Education and Youth Development
- Environment, Recreation and Animal Welfare
- Health and Human Services
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- All non-profit organizations are welcome to submit a Letter of Interest.
- Geographic Limitations - Grants are awarded to organizations located in or directly serving the geographic areas of the west and north shores of Lake Tahoe to Donner Summit, including Incline Village and the Town of Truckee.
- Some priority is placed on the following types of projects:
- Projects that address a critical need.
- Projects that make a significant community impact.
- Projects that serve the whole region.
- TTCF does not make grants from the Queen of Hearts Women’s fund for the following:
- Direct religious activities
- Political activism, lobbying, legislative activities, or legal action
- Organizations that discriminate based on race, color, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, or national origin
- Individuals or private foundations
- Usually TTCF does not fund:
- Activities that have already occurred
- Field trips and participation in activities by parental choice
- Capital campaigns
- School based activities, unless they impact students district wide or impact the broader community, and then must have a Letter of Support from the TTUSD Superintendent
- Organizations that received this funding in the prior year
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Queen of Hearts Women’s Fund by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.