Nature Grant Cycle
Tahoe Truckee Community Foundation
Grant amount: Up to US $120,000
Anticipated deadline: Sep 3, 2019 5:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program, Capital Project
Location of project: Placer County, California
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Nature grants are made possible by TTCF’s Nature Fund and Martis Fund.
Nature Grants will support organizations that conserve wildlife, land, water and air quality in the Truckee, North Tahoe and Donner Summit regions while enhancing opportunities for enjoyment of the outdoors. Martis Fund resources will be distributed to those organizations that are committed to managing and restoring habitat and forest lands specifically in Martis Valley or the greater Eastern Placer County region.
Organizations are also encouraged to share their capacity building needs and will be considered for Martis Fund resources for such needs if they have prior, ongoing or upcoming projects in this region. By investing in the business aspects of missions, we believe we can strengthen those efforts and ultimately support a greater impact in the region. Capacity building can include activities such as strategic planning, board development and governance, marketing and communication, financial reporting, evaluation and more. Capacity Building requests are not required, but encouraged. Capacity Building is an investment in the future strength of the mission, not bridge funding for operations
TTCF's Nature Fund resources support organizations that help advance the following desired outcomes:
- Healthy land, water and air
- Vibrant fish and wildlife populations
- Accessible open space
- Educated, aware and appreciative community members
Martis Fund resources support organizations that help advance the following desired outcomes:
- Restoration of forest and habitat lands
- Land management for optimal conservation values
- Leveraging existing institutional capacity and other funding sources
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Environmental organizations that are recognized as non-profit tax exempt under section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code are eligible to apply.
- Educational institutions and other public agencies (agencies of the state, county or local government) are also eligible to apply.
- Individuals interested in applying for a grant must be affiliated with an eligible organization.
- Grants will be awarded to organizations located in or directly serving the geographic areas of Donner Summit, Truckee, Squaw Valley, and the west and north shores of Lake Tahoe.
- While we will fund organizations based in Nevada or elsewhere, we primarily look for services utilized by California residents of our region.
- Additional Martis Fund requirements:
- All activities and projects eligible for Martis Fund support must occur in Martis Valley or the greater Eastern Placer County region.
- Capacity building grants will be considered for organizations with prior, ongoing or upcoming projects in this region.
- TTCF does not make grants for the following:
- Direct religious activities.
- Political activism, lobbying, legislative activities or legal action.
- Organizations that discriminate based on race, color, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation or national origin
- Usually TTCF does not fund:
- Field trips and participation in activities by parental choice
- Capital Campaigns
- Activities that have already occurred
- School based activities, unless they impact students district wide or impact the broader community
- Organizations more than one time in a calendar year
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Nature Grant Cycle by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.