Turner Industries Fund Grant
Baton Rouge Area Foundation
Grant amount: US $500 - US $5,000
Next deadline: Sep 24, 2018 (Pre proposal)
Later deadlines: Oct 1, 2018 (Full proposal), Mar 25, 2019 (Pre proposal), Apr 1, 2019 (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Alabama: Limestone County, Morgan County, Counties in Louisiana: Calcasieu Parish, East Baton Rouge Parish, Orleans Parish, Counties in Texas: Aransas County, Fort Bend County, Harris County, Jefferson County, Kleberg County, Lamar County, Montgomery County, Nueces County, San Patricio County Expand all
Location of residency: Counties in Alabama: Limestone County, Morgan County, Counties in Louisiana: Calcasieu Parish, East Baton Rouge Parish, Orleans Parish, Counties in Texas: Aransas County, Fort Bend County, Harris County, Jefferson County, Kleberg County, Lamar County, Montgomery County, Nueces County, San Patricio County Expand allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
NOTE: To begin, you must first register. Once you have completed our registration, you will be directed to a screen to register your organization, or request access to become a grant administrator. Applications for approval as a grants administrator (pre-proposal deadline) must be received 7 days before a deadline (full proposal deadlines).
Since it was founded nearly 50 years ago, Turner Industries has grown to be one of the nation’s leading heavy industrial contractors. Founder Bert S. Turner (now deceased) and his wife, Sue, and their children have taken an interest from the very beginning in steadily investing charitable dollars back into the communities in which the company works.
As the company has grown in size and number of locations across the country, so have the number of recipients the company has been able to assist. Turner Industries has benefitted a wide variety of causes with emphasis on education, health, the arts and community development receiving funding over the years.
Organizations eligible for funding should have values consistent with those of Turner Industries:
- A top priority of everyone is to honor commitments, both personally and professionally.
- The workplace atmosphere is one of openness and fairness where everyone communicates directly and honestly, and is governed by the same rules.
- A goal of everyone is to grow, personally and professionally, and to contribute to the achievement of the organization.
- The importance of innovation is recognized and peak performers are rewarded.
- The value of excellence in produce quality, customer service and financial performance is stressed.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Fund will support nonprofit organizations in the greater communities of:
- Baton Rouge, Lake Charles and New Orleans, Louisiana;
- Port Arthur, Houston, Corpus Christi and Paris, Texas; and
- Decatur, Alabama.
- The organization must have a non-discriminatory policy.
- It must demonstrate that it manages its business wisely and that an appropriate percentage of the grant will go to programs rather that administration.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Turner Industries Fund Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.