Turtle Conservation Fund Grant
Turtle Conservation FundSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $5,000
Next deadline: Dec 1, 2019
Later deadlines: May 1, 2020
Applicant type: Organizations Individuals
Funding uses: Research, Project / Program
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The Turtle Conservation Fund (TCF) is a strategizing and funding partnership coalition of leading turtle conservation organizations and individuals focused on ensuring the long-term survival of tortoises and freshwater turtles.
The TCF administers a turtle conservation and research grants program focused on endangered tortoises and freshwater turtles. Awards are granted to organizations or individuals for specific conservation or research projects dealing with highly endangered tortoises or freshwater turtles, but not marine turtles, with either partial or full support as funding allows.
Priority for funding is given to projects that focus on tortoises or freshwater turtles that are already highly threatened according to the IUCN Red List criteria, either Critically Endangered or Endangered, or which may be highly threatened but not yet officially classified as such on the Red List.
TCF Priority Species
View the TCF Priority Species list here.
- TCF Awards are approximately in the $1,000 to $5,000 range per project (with full or partial funding depending on full project costs)
- Smaller seed grant projects are also encouraged to support pilot conservation initiatives for tortoise and freshwater turtle species that are:
- Currently either IUCN Red Listed as Critically Endangered or Endangered (or on the TCF Priority Species list) or
- Species that may become priority species with an increase in the state of knowledge about the status of their populations or the threats they currently face (principally species currently classified on the Red List as Not Evaluated or Data Deficient)
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- We do not support work on marine turtles.
- The TCF is aware that Gopherus agassizii (Mojave Desert Tortoise – USA) is proposed for IUCN assessment as Critically Endangered; however, the TCF is unlikely to fund applications for Desert Tortoise work, and recommends that prospective applicants for projects concerning this species check into grants available from the Desert Tortoise Council.
- Proponent and their project collaborators may not collect, obtain, or distribute any turtles or other wildlife, whether live animals, parts or derivatives, for possession, transport, export, import, or sale, in breach of applicable laws and regulations, during any phase of the supported project.
- TCF does not provide support for indirect organizational overhead expenses associated with administration of grants, and will not fund requests for such indirect costs.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Turtle Conservation Fund Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.