Tyrous R. Williams and Ruth F. Williams Charitable Trust Grant
The Simpson FoundationSuggest an update
Deadline: Jul 31, 2020
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $10,000
Fields of work: Heart Disease Cancer/Oncology
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Research, General Operating Expense, Project / Program
Location of project: Brazos County, Texas
Location of residency: Brazos County, TexasView website Save
About this funder:
About the Foundation
The Tyrous R. Williams and Ruth F. Williams Charitable Trust was established under the Last Will and Testament of Tyrous R. Williams dated September 1, 1993.
Tyrous Reo Williams was born in Henderson, Texas on August 28, 1917. He attended Texas A&M University. Mr. Williams married Emma Ruth Freeman on August 31, 1938, and moved to Houston, Texas where he was in sales for Reed Roller Bit and Baker Hughes.
After retirement Tyrous and Ruth moved to the Edge Community near Bryan, Texas where he was a member of the First Presbyterian Church. Mr. Williams passed away on March 10, 2006 in Bryan, Texas. He was preceded in death by his wife, Ruth and son, John Mark Williams.
To assist needy heart and cancer patients, and cancer research in Brazos County, Texas.
- Human services
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To be eligible, organizations must qualify as exempt organizations under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Other charitable causes in Brazos County, Texas will also be considered if there are funds available.
- In accordance with the donor’s wishes, preference may be given to requests for the following purposes/organizations:
- Assistance to needy cancer patients from Brazos County and any cancer research going on in Brazos County, Texas
- Assistance to needy heart patients from Brazos County, Texas
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”