UAE VolunteersSuggest an update
Deadline: The deadline for this grant has passed
Grant amount: US $25,000
Fields of work: Volunteerism & Philanthropy
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Conference, Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the world
About the Ideathon
It is clear that on the front lines of the response to the global pandemic, volunteers have made all the difference in the resilience of their communities and the medical sector at large. This Virtual Ideathon is an idea-based hackathon that brings together volunteers from across the world with the aim of further "Building Resilience Within Communities".
The virtual Ideathon is a three-day marathon, during which volunteer teams from major NGOs and volunteering organizations from around the world come together to develop sustainable and impactful solutions to challenges from some of the key themes of the global response to the COVID19 pandemic.
UAE Volunteers and IAVE invite all those passionate about making a difference to join this gathering of minds to build a stronger and better world.
What does the Ideathon hope to achieve?
The Ideathon aims to come up with actionable and scalable ideas that offer innovative solutions for challenges put forward to the contestants across three key themes of the global response to the pandemic.
At the end of the Ideathon, each winning idea will be awarded a total fund of $25000 that will allow the implementation of their idea in the community.
The award will be given in a “Grant” form, and further details on this will be available over the coming weeks.
During the competition the participating teams will be asked to put forward a proposal outlining their proposed solution to a challenge announced on the day. A challenge will be announced for each of the three key subthemes on the 1st day of the ideathon:
- Volunteerism in the Medical Sector.
- Volunteerism in Mental Health Support Sector.
- Volunteerism to support the Vulnerable.
Who can participate?
The Ideathon is looking for passionate teams of volunteers dedicated to supporting their communities. The event is open for organizations rather than individuals.
Participants from IAVE-affiliated organizations, NGOs or other third-sector organizations from across the world can take part in the event in their country or region. This will be a great opportunity to showcase ideas and potentially receive the support in need to make a difference in the world.
When, where, how?
- The Ideathon will be a virtual global event taking place over three days in October 2020.
- Each organization must complete and submit their registration before the deadline.
- Ideation, discussions, pitches will all be completed virtually between 13-15 October 2020.
- An organization appointed staff person (focal point) must initiate the registration in the Virtual Ideathon registration system and he/she will be considered as the main focal point of contact.
- Registration submissions will be reviewed and only 15 organizations will be selected to participate in the Virtual Ideathon, with 5 organizations competing in each subtheme.
- The participating organizations will be selected based on their compliance with registration requirements and on their proven impact in volunteerism.
- Over the course of the three days Ideathon, selected teams will attend workshops, mentoring sessions, and discussions around the Ideathon’s key themes to ultimately draft and pitch their proposals for actionable solutions. The final proposals are then submitted to a panel of judges.
- A detailed schedule will be shared with participants through email later.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- English is the official language for registration, participation, idea/solution submission, and pitching. All teams must arrange and guarantee their own interpretation support if needed.