Uihlein-Ironman Sports Fund Grants
Grant amount: US $250 - US $2,500
Anticipated deadline: Aug 6, 2019 2:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit Government Entity
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program, General Operating Expense
Location of project: Counties in New York: Essex County, Franklin County
Location of residency: Counties in New York: Essex County, Franklin CountyView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Uihlein-Ironman Sports Fund
The Uihlein-Ironman Sports Fund (UISF) of Lake Placid was created by the Henry Uihlein II and Mildred A. Uihlein Foundation, Ironman North America (now known as World Triathlon Corporation), and Adirondack Foundation. These local organizations have teamed up to help athletes from Lake Placid and the Olympic region achieve their sports dreams, and to help nonprofit organizations that foster and promote life-long sports and healthy lifestyles for local kids.
The fund focuses on the greater Tri-Lakes region and has two main goals for supporting athletes:
- Provide necessary support to local nonprofit organizations that promote athleticism and engage area youth in traditional summer and winter sports, thus fostering our next generation of competitive athletes.
- Provide financial support for competitive, local, young athletes with strong regional, national and international promise in traditional winter and summer sports.
The UISF Committee places greater emphasis on holistically improving programs that aim to lift up athletes. The Fund is also looking for organizations that introduce the next generation to competitive sports and healthy lifestyles and benefits the local community. Scholarships, travel, equipment, and program support can be funded.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Eligible organizations must be tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or be a public agency, school, or municipality in the Adirondack Region of New York.
- Nonprofit organizations or community groups who do not have 501(c)(3) status may apply for grant awards if another eligible organization acts as a fiscal sponsor.
- Applicants must provide services and employ staff without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Uihlein-Ironman Sports Fund Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.