Upper Connecticut River Mitigation & Enhancement Fund Grant
New Hampshire Charitable Foundation
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $200,000
Anticipated deadline: Jan 5, 2019 2:00pm PST (Pre proposal)
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in New Hampshire: Coos County, Grafton County, Counties in Vermont: Addison County, Caledonia County, Essex County, Orleans County, Rutland County, Washington County, Windsor County Expand all
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Upper Connecticut River Mitigation and Enhancement Fund (MEF) supports restoration, protection, and enhancement of the river, wetlands, and shore lands within the Connecticut River watershed upstream of the confluence of the White River and the Connecticut River at White River Junction, Vermont and West Lebanon, New Hampshire. This fund was created as part of the settlement agreement between the parties involved in the federal process to award a new operating license for three hydroelectric dams on the Connecticut River at Fifteen Mile Falls near Littleton, New Hampshire and Ryegate, Vermont.
This fund awards grants of all sizes. Grants amounting to less than $5,000 undergo a shorter application process.
Pre-application consultation is required.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Must be recognized as tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or be a municipality or other subdivision of government.
- Organizations that do not have public charity status may apply for grants if another public charity acts as a fiscal sponsor.
- Funding is limited to the Connecticut River watershed upstream of the confluence of the White River and the Connecticut River at White River Junction, VT and West Lebanon, NH.
- Please see the eligibility map for more information.
- Projects within the White River sub-watershed will be considered ONLY when those projects offer “exceptional environmental benefits not available in the upper Connecticut River watershed.”
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Upper Connecticut River Mitigation & Enhancement Fund Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.