URAF: Artist Development Fellowships
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $7,000
Anticipated deadline: Feb 2, 2019 9:00am PST
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student
Funding uses: Conference, Research, Fellowship
Location of project: Massachusetts
Location of residency: Massachusetts
University restriction: Harvard UniversityView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Artist Development Fellowships are intended to nurture the artistic development of promising and/or accomplished students in the arts who, it is hoped, will one day look back on this opportunity and mark it as a significant contributor to their creative development.
Artist Development Fellowships are awarded annually by the Council on the Arts, a standing committee of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences. Fellowships support student development in the practice of the arts, including but not limited to work in the following disciplines:
- Studio art
- Mixed media
- Arts practices that are multi-disciplinary in nature
The Council will consider fellowship requests for:
- Research and development of individual artistic projects that are crucial to the development of the artist
- Domestic or international travel in order to apprentice and/or work with individual artists, programs, and/or artistic companies
- Interdisciplinary work—not necessarily work that combines art forms, but work that links the artistic/creative process to a wholly different field in a way that sheds new perspective on and/or understanding of each
- Other types of funding requests will be considered, provided that individual artistic development is at the core of the proposal
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The program is open to undergraduates currently enrolled in Harvard College.
- Applicants are expected to complete their fellowship work prior to graduation.
- The Council may occasionally make exceptions for work undertaken immediately following graduation, although current undergraduates will be given priority consideration.
- Fellowships are not awarded to freshmen except in extraordinary circumstances.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the URAF: Artist Development Fellowships by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.