URAF: British Teaching Fellowships
Harvard UniversitySuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Anticipated deadline: Feb 11, 2020 9:00am PST
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student
Funding uses: Fellowship
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Middlesex County, Massachusetts
Must travel to: United Kingdom
University restriction: Harvard UniversityView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The objective of the British Teaching Fellowships is to encourage, through the sharing of intellectual and cultural experiences in the context of secondary school life, a better understanding between England and America. The Fellowships offer an opportunity for an American student from Harvard to spend a school year as a full member of the community in one of England's finest "Public Schools" (as Preparatory Schools are called in England).
The duties, which can be adjusted to suit the interests of the Fellow and the requirements of the School, will normally involve:
- Part-time teaching in a subject on which the Fellow has concentrated, as well as in American literature, history or current affairs
- Coaching of crew (in which the School is particularly strong) or other sports (such as soccer, rugby, running, tennis, mountaineering), or leading of other groups, such as the drama society
- A share of the occasional supervisory duties carried out by masters in Boarding Houses or elsewhere and help with student activities
- Occasional talks to interested groups on American current affairs and American college life. This ambassadorial function is important, as it is hoped that the Fellow will stimulate an understanding of the U.S.A.
- In common with full-time masters, Fellows often take on the academic and pastoral care of a small tutorial group of pupils.
The School will provide accommodation and board during school terms.The Fellow will have the normal School holidays of approximately four weeks at Christmas and four weeks at Easter, as well as half-term holidays as well.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Candidates must be at the time of application candidates for degrees in Harvard University and must be graduating in the summer.
- The Fellowship is available only to an unmarried person of either gender.
- The duration of the Fellowship is from early September to mid July.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the URAF: British Teaching Fellowships by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.