Harvard-Cambridge Summer Fellowship
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Anticipated deadline: Mar 2, 2019 9:00am PST
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student
Funding uses: Fellowship
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Middlesex County, Massachusetts
Must travel to: United Kingdom
University restriction: Harvard UniversityView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Harvard-Cambridge Scholarship Committee offers 8 to 12 summer scholarships to undergraduates for supervised research or study at Cambridge University. Scholarship awards provide for the expenses associated with the summer experience and include travel to and from the U.K and room and board at either Trinity College or Emmanuel College. The research or study must begin in late June and last at least eight weeks.
The specific research of study proposed by the applicant must be conducted under the supervision of an advisor who is an instructor, fellow or researcher associated with Cambridge University or one of its colleges, or a research facility associated with the University.
Applicants are responsible for identifying, contacting and securing the agreement in writing of the advisor to supervise the proposed research or study. (Trinity College customarily sends us a list of faculty members associated with it that have projects for which they are seeking research assistance and this list is made available in January to interested applicants through the Office of Undergraduate Research and Fellowships.)
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Harvard College sophomores, juniors, and seniors are eligible.
- There is no requirement for a particular grade point average or set of achievements.
- The Committee favors rising juniors and seniors.
- The Selection Committee favors:
- applicants who have a carefully thought-out and interesting project
- whose proposed supervisor shows genuine interest in supervising the project
- and whose proposed project builds on, expands, or has the potential to alter the applicant's interests
- The Committee favors independent research projects or study programs over the Pembroke-King's program.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Harvard-Cambridge Summer Fellowship by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.