URAF: Herchel Smith Fellowship in Science
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Deadline: Nov 29, 2018 9:00am PST
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student
Funding uses: Scholarship, Conference, Fellowship
Location of project: United Kingdom
Location of residency: Massachusetts
University restriction: Emmanuel CollegeView website Save Need help writing this grant?
These scholarships aim to encourage Harvard graduates of high academic ability and research promise in the sciences to study at Cambridge University. Scholarships are held at Emmanuel College. Awardees are to undertake studies appropriate to preparation for a future Ph.D. degree in computer science, mathematics, the natural sciences, or the physical sciences. Scholarships may be renewed for two subsequent years, assuming satisfactory academic progress toward a PhD in the same field and approval by the selection committee.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Harvard graduating seniors or graduates who have received their bachelor’s degree within the previous two years are eligible.
- Students of high academic ability (typically demonstrated by A- or better grades) who intend to pursue the fields of computer science, mathematics, the natural sciences, or the physical sciences at a graduate level are eligible.
- Each scholarship pays all fees, tuition, living costs, and travel expenses for one year.
- One and two year programs are acceptable, provided they can serve as a suitable preparation for a subsequent Ph.D. in the U.S. or the U.K.
- A three-year D.Phil. or Ph.D. course at Cambridge is also acceptable.
- Candidates should have identified appropriate and suitable courses of study at the time of application, although some fine-tuning may be allowed upon arrival in Cambridge.
- In some cases, proceeding to a doctorate will only be allowed after a satisfactory first year of study.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the URAF: Herchel Smith Fellowship in Science by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.