Laura Houghteling Memorial Fellowship
Harvard UniversitySuggest an update
Anticipated deadline: Mar 13, 2021 8:00am PST
Grant amount: Approximately US $4,000
Fields of work: Education - K through 12
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student
Funding uses: Fellowship
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Massachusetts
University restriction: Harvard UniversityView website Save
About this funder:
The Laura Houghteling Memorial Fellowship provides one or two awards each year to students planning a career in elementary or secondary education. Each year, one or two fellowships of about $4000 each may be awarded, and must be used for the reduction of recipients’ student loan indebtedness.
The friends and family of Laura Houghteling, have established this fund as a means both of preserving Laura’s spirit, and of sustaining one of the visions of social service that she had hoped herself to enact. Laura was committed to the idea of public service, and was exploring careers in women’s advocacy and children’s education.
We envision the ideal Houghteling Fellowship winner to be:
- a person who embodies Laura’s spirit in his or her wide range of interests
- commitment to public service
- (especially) caring for young people
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Anyone who plans a career in K-12 education and is on financial aid is invited to apply.
- Harvard seniors who are receiving financial aid are eligible.