Patterson Traveling Fellowship to Italy
Harvard UniversitySuggest an update
Grant amount: Approximately US $2,000
Deadline: Mar 12, 2020 10:00am PDT
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student
Funding uses: Conference, Fellowship
Location of project: Italy
Location of residency: Massachusetts
Must travel to: Italy
University restriction: Harvard UniversityView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The goal of the fellowship is to inspire the Harvard community to share John’s love for travel and for Italy.
One fellowship is awarded each year to fund summer or holiday travel to Italy. The recipient may use the award any time from the start of the summer in the award year to the start of the summer in the next year. The award provides approximately $2,000, enough to cover a two- or three-week visit.
The award is intended to introduce Italy to a student who has little familiarity with the country. The award is for travel that would not otherwise have happened, rather than for funding that the student would have taken anyway. The trip should be intellectually purposeful and personally enriching, but need not contribute in any way to an academic project. After returning, the student will share her or his experiences in a presentation to John’s family, friends, and the Mather House community.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The fellowship will be awarded to a student who:
- Demonstrates personal or intellectual curiosity about Italy
- Is resourceful, mature, and displays independence of mind
- Has not traveled extensively
- The competition is open to all Harvard first-years, sophomores, and juniors who are not Italian citizens and have not lived in Italy.
- Candidates must be in good academic and disciplinary standing.
- There is a strong preference for current Mather House residents and affiliates.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Patterson Traveling Fellowship to Italy by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.