URAF: Postgraduate Traveling Fellowship
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Anticipated deadline: Feb 6, 2019 9:00am PST
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student
Funding uses: Conference, Fellowship
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Massachusetts
University restriction: Harvard UniversityView website Save Need help writing this grant?
All of these fellowships provide funds to support a year of purposeful travel and cultural immersion outside the U.S. in the year after graduation. A single application puts you into consideration for each of the following fellowships for which you are eligible:
- Gardner Fellowships
- Gardner Fellowships provide a year of purposeful postgraduate travel for Harvard students to supplement their formal education through immersion in a foreign culture.
- Shaw Fellowships
- Shaw Fellowships aim to make it possible for young men and women of promise to supplement their formal education by broadening and cultivating influence which comes from acquaintance with other countries.
- While great good is done by traveling fellowships intended to provide the means of study and research, the object of these awards is benefiting young men and women of worth, who without necessarily having attained to the highest scholarship in college, have made good use of their opportunities and give promise of success in professional or business careers.
- Sheldon Fellowships
- The undergraduate Sheldon Fellowships “support students of promise and good academic standing in a year of unrestricted purposeful travel abroad after graduation.
- Trustman Fellowships
- Trustman Fellowships “are intended to further the education of students who show great promise of making important, long-range contributions to society by providing them with the opportunity to travel after graduation.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Candidates considered for the fellowship will have a broad and diverse college experience, both curricular and noncurricular.
- All Harvard College seniors are eligible.
- The most important qualifying criterion for the Sheldon Fellowships is superior academic achievement.
- In the past, Sheldon Fellowships recipients have frequently graduated either summa or magna cum laude.
- Candidates must demonstrate distinguished achievement within their field of concentration but need not have attained any specific rank or relative standing in scholarship.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the URAF: Postgraduate Traveling Fellowship by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.