UWCWV: COVID-19 Community Response and Recovery Fund
United Way of Central West VirginiaSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $2,500 - US $5,000
Fields of work: Employment Services Affordable Housing Disaster Relief / Humanitarian Aid Health Care Access & Delivery Basic Human Needs
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Project / Program, General Operating Expense
Location of project: Counties in West Virginia: Boone County, Clay County, Kanawha County, Logan County, Putnam County
Location of residency: Counties in West Virginia: Boone County, Clay County, Kanawha County, Logan County, Putnam CountyView website Save
About this funder:
COVID-19 Community Response and Recovery Grant Funds will be utilized to help meet basic needs and increase resilience in Kanawha, Putnam, Boone, Clay and Logan Counties. The distribution plan may be adjusted based on emerging needs and in response to changing situations.
Meeting Increased Service Demand
Assisting nonprofit organizations serving United Way of Central WV’s most vulnerable populations impacted by widespread shutdown of schools, job layoffs and/or unemployment with basic needs - food, meals, housing, prescriptions, medical supplies, hygiene supplies, living expenses, transportation costs, etc.
Operational Capacity and Business Continuity
Provide operating support to our nonprofit partners that are meeting community needs resulting from COVID-19, and are in financial distress. General operating support grants may be used to cover day-to-day activities or ongoing expenses such as administrative salaries, utilities, office supplies, technology maintenance, etc.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Nonprofit organizations certified as tax exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or have a fiscal sponsor with 501(c)(3) tax status.
- Established programs serving eligible clients/families impacted by COVID-19.
- Demonstrated ability to deploy resources quickly and effectively.
- Operations currently in place with the ability to use expend/distribute funds to immediately respond to the individuals and families in need.
- Ability to track and report on utilization and outcome data.
- Applications that do not contain a valid EIN (tax ID) number will not be considered.