UWIRC: COVID-19 Community Response Fund
United Way of Indian RiverSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Fields of work: Health Care Access & Delivery Human & Social Services Basic Human Needs Disaster Relief / Humanitarian Aid
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: General Operating Expense, Project / Program
Location of project: Indian River County, Florida
Location of residency: FloridaView website Save
About this funder:
United Way has established the COVID-19 Community Response Fund, a dedicated resource for working families affected by this crisis. UWIRC leaders recognize the potential for economic impact, particularly affecting hospitality and service industry workers, is high. The organizations that serve populations in need every day will find themselves under-resourced and facing growing demand. United Way and our partners are working to identify those critical needs and resource gaps to best determine an appropriate response.
A coalition of philanthropy and business partners has joined together to create the COVID-19 Community Response Fund that will rapidly deploy flexible resources to organizations in our region working with communities who are disproportionately impacted by the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and the economic consequences of this health crisis.
ABOUT THE COVID-19 COMMUNITY RESPONSE FUND
Hosted by United Way of Indian River, the Community Response Fund will provide flexible resources to organizations in our region working with communities who are disproportionately impacted by COVID-19 and the economic consequences of this outbreak. Grants will fund organizations that have deep roots in community and strong experience working with under resourced residents. The Fund is designed to complement the work of public health officials and expand local capacity.
The rapid-response grants will increase resiliency in disproportionately affected communities by addressing the economic impact of reduced and lost work due to the broader COVID-19 outbreak, the immediate needs of economically vulnerable populations caused by COVID-19 related closures, the increased demand for medical information and support, and fear and confusion about the outbreak among our most vulnerable residents. We anticipate that the primary areas of need will include:
- Food/food supplies
- Rental assistance
- Utility payments
- Other Assistance: Assistance is available for households who have critical unmet needs not covered under items listed above, as determined by the Unmet Needs Committee.
The COVID-19 Community Response Fund reserves the right to support other areas of need that develop from the crisis.
United Way of Indian River will administer grants from the Fund and the decision of funding will be determined by an Unmet Needs Committee made up of a cross section of community leaders. Together we will proactively identify potential grant recipients, solicit guidance on potential recipients from community advisers, and recommend final awards. Funds will be released on a rolling basis as funds are available.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Based upon the charitable structure of the COVID-19 Community Response Fund, our grants are limited to 501c3 nonprofit organizations, groups fiscally sponsored by a 501c3 nonprofit organization, or other charitable organizations able to receive a tax-deductible contribution, such as schools, faith-based organizations, and other public entities.
- The COVID-19 Community Response Fund will prioritize community-based organizations serving all Indian River County communities.
- We are doing this with a recognition that many local nonprofits serve workers and residents in our neighboring counties.
- We also know that there are many organizations in neighboring counties that have broader footprints, serving Indian River residents.
- We are not able to fund individuals or businesses directly, labor unions, or other 501c4, 501c5, and 501c6 organizations.