Valero Energy Foundation Grants
Valero Energy Foundation
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Montgomery County, Alabama, Counties in California: Los Angeles County, Solano County, Counties in Indiana: Martin County, Montgomery County, Posey County, Counties in Iowa: Boone County, Buena Vista County, Floyd County, O'Brien County, Webster County, Counties in Louisiana: St. Bernard Parish, St. Charles Parish, Fayette County, Ohio, Carter County, Oklahoma, Brookings County, South Dakota, Shelby County, Tennessee, Counties in Texas: Fort Bend County, Galveston County, Harris County, Jefferson County, Live Oak County, Montgomery County, Moore County, Nueces County, Orange County, Potter County, Jefferson County, Wisconsin Expand all
Location of residency: Counties in California: Los Angeles County, Solano County, Counties in Indiana: Martin County, Montgomery County, Posey County, Counties in Iowa: Boone County, Buena Vista County, Floyd County, O'Brien County, Webster County, Counties in Louisiana: St. Bernard Parish, St. Charles Parish, Fayette County, Ohio, Carter County, Oklahoma, Brookings County, South Dakota, Shelby County, Tennessee, Counties in Texas: Fort Bend County, Galveston County, Harris County, Jefferson County, Live Oak County, Montgomery County, Moore County, Nueces County, Orange County, Potter County, Jefferson County, Wisconsin Expand allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Valero Energy Foundation
Valero Energy Foundation - Valero’s philanthropic arm – annually contributes $13 million to $20 million to improve the lives of those who live in or near the communities where Valero has major operations, funding nonprofit agencies that serve predominantly disadvantaged children and families.
Our funding criteria focuses on four key pillars:
Basic Needs (food, shelter)
In 2015, the Valero Energy Foundation provided approximately $3 million in assistance to agencies that provide basic needs of life to disadvantaged children and families, including shelter, food and clothing necessary for the development of a strong community and for individual self-sufficiency. Support for emergency shelters, children's homes and area food banks are just a few examples of this support.
Valero is a strong advocate of education and contributes to programs, agencies or organizations that share the same focus. In 2015, the foundation provided nearly $4 million in support to education-related programs throughout the U.S. The company additionally supports mentoring programs, school-supply and uniform drives and “Career Days” at area schools; provides internships for various degree programs; and is title sponsor of the Valero Alamo Bowl, which has awarded approximately $2.1 million in scholarships.
Overall in 2015, the foundation provided about $3.6 million in support to various health-care providers and health-related programs and services. Major gifts include support of various children's hospitals as well as university medical centers for research to discover cures for Alzheimer's, Multiple Sclerosis and cancer.
Civic/Arts & Culture
Valero believes in improving the quality of life for all in the communities where it has major operations. Through its support of civic programs and the arts, Valero and the Valero Energy Foundation provided nearly $2 million in support of quality arts programs, including partnerships with art, history and children's museums, as well as digital media in schools.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Our foundation funds organizations designated as 501(c)(3) nonprofit agencies according to IRS Rules.
- We prefer activities, projects and causes that make a positive impact and improve the quality of life in communities where Valero has major operations.
- Ineligible Types of Charitable Contribution Requests
- The Valero Energy Foundation does not provide financial support for unsolicited requests for any of the following:
- Any nonprofit organization that denies service or assistance to anyone on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic;
- Individual churches, mosques, synagogues or other houses of worship or related ecumenical groups;
- Programs such as soup kitchens, shelters for the homeless or job banks sponsored by or located within a faith-based or religious organization's facilities may be eligible for contributions if it is determined that the program does not require beneficiaries to learn about, adhere to, or convert to the organization's doctrine.
- Individual schools and/or clubs and organizations within schools. (Funding considered on a district level or through a foundation);
- Donations to individuals or groups not associated with a 501(c)(3) nonprofit designation;
- Scholarships to specific individuals;
- Books, films, audio, video, documentaries or other media productions;
- Beauty pageants;
- Athletic or sports teams;
- Recreational events; or
- Travel to competitions or other events.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Valero Energy Foundation Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.