Valero Energy Foundation Grants
Valero Energy FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Montgomery County, Alabama, Counties in California: Los Angeles County, Solano County, Counties in Indiana: Martin County, Montgomery County, Posey County, Counties in Iowa: Boone County, Buena Vista County, Floyd County, O'Brien County, Webster County, Counties in Louisiana: St. Bernard Parish, St. Charles Parish, Fayette County, Ohio, Carter County, Oklahoma, Brookings County, South Dakota, Shelby County, Tennessee, Counties in Texas: Fort Bend County, Galveston County, Harris County, Jefferson County, Live Oak County, Montgomery County, Moore County, Nueces County, Orange County, Potter County, Jefferson County, Wisconsin Expand all
Location of residency: Counties in California: Los Angeles County, Solano County, Counties in Indiana: Martin County, Montgomery County, Posey County, Counties in Iowa: Boone County, Buena Vista County, Floyd County, O'Brien County, Webster County, Counties in Louisiana: St. Bernard Parish, St. Charles Parish, Fayette County, Ohio, Carter County, Oklahoma, Brookings County, South Dakota, Shelby County, Tennessee, Counties in Texas: Fort Bend County, Galveston County, Harris County, Jefferson County, Live Oak County, Montgomery County, Moore County, Nueces County, Orange County, Potter County, Jefferson County, Wisconsin Expand allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Valero Energy Foundation
Valero Energy Foundation - Valero’s philanthropic arm – annually contributes $13 million to $20 million to improve the lives of those who live in or near the communities where Valero has major operations, funding nonprofit agencies that serve predominantly disadvantaged children and families.
Our funding criteria focuses on four key pillars:
Basic Needs/Social Services
We believe in providing for basic needs such as food, shelter and safety for the working poor, elderly and those struck by unexpected life circumstances or natural disasters.
We believe that education creates a necessary foundation for all children to thrive and for adults to lead productive lives. Investment in education is also the key to end the cycle of poverty and dependency for future generations.
We seek opportunities to support the development of strategic community health resources, facilities and services that will serve the current and long term needs of all.
Civic/Arts & Culture
Valero believes that the company’s success is directly correlated to the success of the communities where their employees work and live. That is why they sponsor and support the Valero Energy Foundation and its multitude of diverse projects which positively contribute to the economic and cultural success of communities and play a meaningful role in shaping the future.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Our foundation funds organizations designated as 501(c)(3) nonprofit agencies according to IRS Rules.
- We prefer activities, projects and causes that make a positive impact and improve the quality of life in communities where Valero has major operations.
- Ineligible Types of Charitable Contribution Requests
- The Valero Energy Foundation does not provide financial support for unsolicited requests for any of the following:
- Any nonprofit organization that denies service or assistance to anyone on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic;
- Individual churches, mosques, synagogues or other houses of worship or related ecumenical groups;
- Programs such as soup kitchens, shelters for the homeless or job banks sponsored by or located within a faith-based or religious organization's facilities may be eligible for contributions if it is determined that the program does not require beneficiaries to learn about, adhere to, or convert to the organization's doctrine.
- Individual schools and/or clubs and organizations within schools. (Funding considered on a district level or through a foundation);
- Donations to individuals or groups not associated with a 501(c)(3) nonprofit designation;
- Scholarships to specific individuals;
- Books, films, audio, video, documentaries or other media productions;
- Beauty pageants;
- Athletic or sports teams;
- Recreational events; or
- Travel to competitions or other events.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Valero Energy Foundation Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.