van Ameringen Foundation Grants
van Ameringen Foundation
Grant amount: US $25,000 - US $250,000
Next anticipated deadline: Aug 3, 2018 (Full proposal)
Later anticipated deadlines: Dec 19, 2018 (Letter of inquiry), Feb 23, 2019 (Full proposal), Jun 8, 2019 (Letter of inquiry)
Applicant type: Nonprofit Indigenous Group Government Entity College / University
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in New York: Bronx County, Kings County, New York County, Queens County, Richmond County, Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania Expand all
Location of residency: Counties in New York: Bronx County, Kings County, New York County, Queens County, Richmond County, Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania Expand allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The van Ameringen Foundation funds innovative and practical programs for early intervention, advocacy and increased accessibility of mental health services for people and communities with limited financial means and opportunities.
Within its broad focus on mental health, the Foundation encourages innovative and practical grant proposals in areas which:
- increase the accessibility of mental health services to people and communities with limited financial means and opportunities;
- offer preventive and early-intervention strategies;
- advocate for systemic change with local or national impact.
The van Ameringen Foundation provides general support and project specific grants in two overall categories:
Direct Service Grants
The Foundation funds programs and projects that provide a direct service, such as case management, assessment, counseling, psychotherapy, psychiatric care, training, or jobs, housing, and other supports to people and communities confronting significant mental illness.
- Duration: Up to three years
- Size: Between $25,000 – $75,000 annually
Non-Direct Service Grants
Advocacy: The Foundation funds strategies that seek to create changes in the law, public policy, or in the perceptions and practices of the public and private sectors responsible for improving mental healthcare, particularly in unserved or underserved communities.
Media/Dissemination: The Foundation funds efforts which seek to share research findings, best practices, and knowledge related to improving the mental health safety net and system. This may be in the form of a publication, training, or media project using traditional or new forms of communication.
Training: The Foundation funds activities that provide learning and skill-building opportunities for mental health providers, advocates, people living with mental illness, policymakers, and family or community members who are seeking to deepen their understanding, knowledge, treatment, or social change efforts.
- Duration: Up to three years
- Advocacy Grant Size: Up to $250,000 annually
- Media/Dissemination & Training Grant Size: Between $25,000 – $75,000 annually
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The van Ameringen Foundation provides grants in metropolitan New York and Philadelphia, as well as advocacy support at the national level.
- You must operate in the greater metro areas of New York City or Philadelphia, or be a national organization that uses advocacy to advance mental health for people or communities with limited financial means or opportunities.
- You must be a registered 501(c)(3) organization, or a fiscally sponsored project of a registered 501(c)(3).
- You must undertake work that directly addresses the mental health service, education, and/or advocacy needs of people or communities with limited financial means or opportunities.
- The Foundation is not active in programs for intellectual disability or physical disability.
- Grants are not made for endowments, capital projects, annual fund-raising drives, or in support of international activities and institutions.
- No grants in direct support of individuals are made by the Foundation under any circumstances.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the van Ameringen Foundation Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.