Venable Foundation Grants
Venable FoundationSuggest an update
Next anticipated deadline: Aug 3, 2020
Later anticipated deadlines: Oct 1, 2020, Feb 3, 2021, May 1, 2021
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Fields of work: Food Access & Hunger Homelessness Services Poverty Alleviation & Services Family Services Child Welfare Services Children’s Health & Pediatrics Children With Disabilities Children’s Mental Health Legal Services Law Youth Services Hospice / End of Life Care Hospital Care Education Art & Culture Basic Human Needs Show all
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: General Operating Expense, Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: District of Columbia, Counties in California: Los Angeles County, San Francisco County, Baltimore city, Maryland, Counties in New York: Bronx County, Kings County, New York County, Queens County, Richmond County Show all
Location of residency: District of Columbia, Counties in California: Los Angeles County, San Francisco County, Baltimore city, Maryland, Counties in New York: Bronx County, Kings County, New York County, Queens County, Richmond County Show allView website Save
About this funder:
Established in 1983, the Venable Foundation, Inc. promotes the health and well-being of the communities where our clients and professionals work and live.
The Foundation supports a wide range of civic, cultural, and charitable endeavors, as well as public interest law and legal education:
- Children's services are a major focus, as is funding for disadvantaged families and individuals
- Homeless shelters and food programs receive special attention
- Community organizations are important to Venable, as are hospitals, hospices, and local chapters of national health organizations.
- We also support a wide range of educational, artistic, and cultural events and organizations
The needs of recipients are brought to the attention of the Foundation by Venable attorneys and staff, who often contribute their time and talent to those causes.
The Foundation has contributed more than $25 million in the past 10 years in contributions to a wide variety of organizations. In 2018, it gave more than $3 million, continuing a long tradition of unparalleled giving that complements the pro bono legal work and community service of Venable attorneys and staff. Recognizing both dollar and in-kind contributions, the Washington Business Journal and Baltimore Business Journal have repeatedly reported that Venable is among the region's leading corporate philanthropists.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Your organization must be located in Baltimore, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, or Washington DC/Northern VA.
- Your organization must be a 501(c)3
- The Venable Foundation does not contribute to religious organizations or religiously affiliated organizations.
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”