Vermeer Charitable Foundation Grant
Vermeer Charitable FoundationSuggest an update
Next deadline: Apr 15, 2021
Later deadlines: Sep 3, 2021, Dec 3, 2021
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Fields of work: Community Services Environment Entrepreneurship
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Iowa: Dallas County, Jasper County, Madison County, Marion County, Polk County, Warren County Show all
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save
About this funder:
Note: A letter or e-mail briefly describing your organization's request to the address below and asking for login information to access the actual grant form. All grant application materials must be received by the deadlines above.
Members of our family have been involved in the work of Vermeer Charitable Foundation (VCF) since the early 1970s both as directors and as officers. It has been a humbling and gratifying experience. A growing legacy of following the Biblical principles of stewardship and responsibility as well as the joy of giving and thankfulness are at the heart of VCF.
As Vermeer Corporation has grown, so also has Vermeer Charitable Foundation. Local focus continues to remain strong as VCF supports many civic, church and educational needs from the central Iowa area where we draw our valued Vermeer Team Members. Vermeer Corporation’s technology and expertise have proven to be additional resources to be used through the foundation toward disaster relief as well as contributing to better quality of life, as grants to select domestic organizations can effect change for people around the world.
Three generations of the Vermeer family shareholders now serve as directors on the Board of VCF. Their passions have changed and challenged the foundation over the years. “Bricks & Mortar” type projects somewhat dominated the early years and then education and scholarships became a growing interest, especially as it impacted our team members’ children. Environmental protection and business mentoring are more recent focuses for the foundation.
With everything Vermeer does, the 4P philosophy is incorporated, combining principles, people, product, and profit and VCF is no exception. VCF is a natural result of the 4P philosophy as it continues to seek to be not only reactive but also proactive to the world in which we live, thereby helping to make our world work.
Principles are central to our 4Ps, the "why" and the "how" we serve. VCF was born out of Biblical Principles such as striving for excellence, honesty, stewardship of resources and honoring the Golden Rule, "Do for others what you want them to do for you."
People are who we serve. VCF was created to improve peoples' lives by being involved: whether it be providing educational scholarships, assisting in disaster relief, improving community service, etc. VCF's primary focus is on our Vermeer Corporation team members and the local communities they represent.
Product means providing Vermeer products and intellectual property (expertise) where needed in the challenge to bring quality of life to those we serve, as well as promoting good stewardship of resources. Quality is important to Vermeer, and VCF is seeking excellence in how we serve.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants are made to non-profit organizations, not individuals or endowments, primarily in the Pella area and other communities from which our team members commute.
- This may include organizations that have an association with our product lines - both industrial and agricultural.
- VCF supports select Christian, faith-based and educational causes.
- One proposal per year, per organization, will be eligible for consideration by the Directors.
- This should reflect the needs of all groups within your organization for the next year.
- VCF supports other select causes that reflect the collective passions of the Vermeer Charitable Foundation, comprised of Vermeer shareholder family members.
- Finally, our consideration for gifts will be based on anticipated impact supported by measurable outcomes.
- VCF does not offer grants for on-going operational budgets - preferring to gift in the area of special projects or programs.
- No additional proposals should be submitted by an organization currently receiving funding from a multiple-year pledge.
- Your organization will again be eligible to submit a new or additional request once the pledge is completed.
- Team member serve/mission trips are no longer considered due to the increased number of the trips taken as well as the VTO policy to help team members take part in such events.