Veterinary Student Scholars
Morris Animal FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $5,000
Anticipated deadline: Mar 6, 2020 8:59pm PST
Applicant type: Graduate Student Undergraduate Student
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The Morris Animal Foundation Veterinary Student Scholars program is a competitive program that provides veterinary students the opportunity to become involved in mentored research that advances the health and/or welfare of companion animals (dogs, cats, horses, llamas/alpacas and companion exotics) and wildlife.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The program is open to currently enrolled veterinary students in good standing from any AVMA-accredited US or international college, university or school of veterinary medicine.
- The Veterinary Student Scholars Program awards to veterinary students who are selected by their institution to participate in clinical or basic animal health and/or welfare research.
- Each institution may select and submit only one student project proposal, and submissions must be made online by the academic institution for review by Morris Animal Foundation.
- As competition will be very strong for these awards, each institution is encouraged to select and submit the very strongest student project based on scientific merit, relevance to animal health, and adherence to Morris Animal Foundation’s guidelines and mission.
- Students must devote a minimum of 50 percent of their time to the project for the equivalent of a 10- to 12-week period over the summer.
- Morris Animal Foundation encourages each institution to select and submit the very strongest student project based on scientific merit, relevance to animal health and adherence to Morris Animal Foundation’s guidelines and mission.
- Students enrolled in a combined DVM/PhD degree program are not eligible for this program.
- Students who receive a Veterinary Student Scholars Program stipend will not be eligible in subsequent years.
- Funds are not eligible to be used for project expenses.
- Morris Animal Foundation does not pay indirect costs for this program.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Veterinary Student Scholars by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.