Victoria S. and Bradley L. Geist Foundation: Capacity Building Grant
Victoria S. and Bradley L. Geist Foundation
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $40,000
Next anticipated deadline: Jan 16, 2019 7:00pm PST
Later anticipated deadlines: May 15, 2019 8:00pm PDT, Sep 17, 2019 8:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Training / Capacity Building
Location of project: Hawaii
Location of residency: HawaiiView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Foundation wishes to support foster children, their caregivers, and transitioning foster youth. The Foundation recognizes that the strength and capacity of the nonprofit organizations and programs serving foster children, their families, and youth are key to the healthy development of foster children and transitioning youth. The Foundation offers this Request for Proposals to provide meaningful support that enables nonprofit organizations and programs to strengthen and grow their capacity to serve foster children, their caregivers and transitioning foster youth.
- Governance and leadership;
- Strategic relationships;
- Evaluation and impact;
- Resource Development;
- Internal operations and management;
- Program design, delivery and evaluation;
- Executive and key staff transitions; and
- Staff training.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Tax-exempt Hawaii organizations are eligible to apply. Organizations may be either 501(c)(3) or religious organizations.
- Local units of national organizations must submit local unit financial information.
- The majority percentage of the organization’s or program’s clientele or project beneficiaries must be:
- Children in the foster custody of a Hawai`i state government agency;
- Children placed by a Hawai`i state government agency in therapeutic foster placement or in kinship, foster, respite, guardianship, permanent custody, or adoptive families; or Their caregivers, or
- Current foster youth or young adults between the ages of 16 and 24 who have aged out of the state child welfare or mental health systems.
- Grants generally range from $5,000 to $40,000 and may be multi-year commitments, based on submission of satisfactory progress reports.
- Units of government and public schools are not eligible under this Request for Proposals.
- Fiscal sponsorships are not permissible.
- Grants will not be made for capital, endowments, regranting activities or operating costs.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Victoria S. and Bradley L. Geist Foundation: Capacity Building Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.