Viking Foundation Of Lincoln Grant
Viking Foundation Of LincolnSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $10,000
Anticipated deadline: Oct 1, 2020
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Training / Capacity Building, Capital Project, Project / Program, Education / Outreach
Location of project: Denver County, Colorado, Polk County, Iowa, Lancaster County, Nebraska
Location of residency: Denver County, Colorado, Polk County, Iowa, Lancaster County, NebraskaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The Vision, Mission and Values of The Viking Foundation of Lincoln
The Foundation envisions creative and flexible opportunities to improve and enrich the lives of people who are less fortunate with an emphasis on youth. The Foundation will accomplish this goal by periodically awarding several modest financial grants.
The mission of the Foundation is to provide charitable support to individuals, groups and activities that reflect its stated core values with measurable and/or observable results.
- Young people are the world's greatest resource.
- All people deserve an opportunity to learn and work, and to learn to work.
- Recreation is an essential element in a quality-of-life formula.
- Good health results in a good life.
- Discrimination in any iteration is intolerable.
- Good and adequate food and clothing should be always available.
- Decent housing should be a right, not a privilege.
- Population control is important to the planet.
- The environment must be protected for future generations.
About the Viking Foundation of Lincoln
The Viking Foundation of Lincoln of Lincoln is a benevolent entity established to help people. Following a long Eggland family tradition, the Foundation seeks to provide financial assistance to young people and families. This support will only be provided to other 501(c)(3) organizations in three counties in
- Nebraska (Lancaster),
- Iowa (Polk) and
- Colorado (Denver)
in the form of modest need-based grants directed to individuals (especially children) and families challenged with education, poverty, housing, gender, mental and physical health, and other issues. The areas of support and core values will be sustained in perpetuity, unchanged by future Boards of Directors of the Foundation. The Foundation's objective is to remain as flexible and creative as possible, in the context of the mission, regarding the nature, size and purpose of the grants awarded.
Five to fifteen grants will normally be awarded annually to relatively small and usually local organizations on a competitive basis as a result of the Board of Directors' evaluation of proposals. Preference will generally be given to proposals requesting support in the $5,000 - $10,000 range.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- What types of organizations may apply?
- Any organization with a broad mission consistent with the Viking Foundation's Core Values is generally eligible.
- Grant applications from organizations that have a charitable element should target needs of specific individuals, families or small groups who must be served by 501(c)(3) agencies.
- We especially like to fund proposals for specific activities, projects and initiatives that are creative/innovative, unique and stand-alone in nature.
- We prefer projects that have a limited (one year or less) time frame.
- We generally do not grant funds to large organizations for their general budget or to cover overhead.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Viking Foundation Of Lincoln Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.