Violet and Cyril Franks Scholarship
American Psychological Foundation
Grant amount: US $5,000
Anticipated deadline: May 15, 2019
Applicant type: Graduate Student
Funding uses: Scholarship
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About the American Psychological Foundation (APF)
APF provides financial support for innovative research and programs that enhance the power of psychology to elevate the human condition and advance human potential both now and in generations to come.
Since 1953, APF has supported a broad range of scholarships and grants for students and early career psychologists as well as research and program grants that use psychology to improve people’s lives.
About the Violet and Cyril Franks Scholarship
The Violet and Cyril Franks Scholarships promotes the application of psychology toward mitigation of the stigma of mental illness through support of promising graduate students whose work is consistent with this objective. APF supports original, innovative research and projects. Although APF favors unique, independent work, the Foundation does fund derivative projects that are part of larger studies.
The Violet and Cyril Franks Scholarship:
- Encourages talented students to orient their careers toward engaging stigma issues
- Develops strategies and interventions to reduce discrimination and stigmatization suffered by victims of mental illness
- Develops strategies and interventions to improve public understanding of mental illness and reduce harmful misconceptions
The amount of the scholarship is $5,000. The Franks Scholarship is made possible by the generosity of Drs. Violet and Cyril Franks
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants may use grant monies for direct administrative costs of their proposed project.
- Applicants must:
- Be a graduate student in good standing at an accredited university
- Have demonstrated commitment to stigma issues
- IRB approval must be received from host institution before funding can be awarded if human participants are involved
- APF encourages applications from individuals who represent diversity in race, ethnicity gender, age, disability, and sexual orientation.
- APF does not allow institutional indirect costs or overhead costs.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Violet and Cyril Franks Scholarship by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.