VNA Foundation Grant Program
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $50,000
Deadline: Aug 1, 2018
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Florida: Brevard County, Lake County, Orange County, Osceola County, Seminole County
Location of residency: Counties in Florida: Brevard County, Lake County, Orange County, Osceola County, Seminole CountyView website Save Need help writing this grant?
History of VNA Foundation, Inc.
The VNA Foundation, Inc. was formed as the successor organization to the VNA Healthcare Group of Florida in 1997 following the sale of the operating business of the VNA to the Orlando Regional Healthcare System. The VNA Healthcare Group of Florida had operated a variety of home healthcare related businesses, primarily known as the Visiting Nurse Association in the general Central Florida area, based in Orlando for approximately the last 25 years.
Following the name change to The VNA Foundation, the Organization modified and changed its mission statement to provide for grant funding to worthy 501c(3) nonprofit organizations. During the past ten years the Foundation has been proud to provide funding for a number of local organizations.
The VNA Foundation:
- Provides support to charitable tax-exempt community related activities that will benefit home health care services and care for the elderly and infirm.
- Provides assistance to indigent patients or clients of home health agencies or other social service agencies in need of home health care products or other health care services.
- Provides relief to the poor and needy in society.
- Promotes an awareness of good health and health care to the public on a charitable basis.
Special consideration will be given to distributions and grants to charitable and educational organizations which are organized and operated to help underprivileged or needy people to improve themselves or to relieve human suffering.
Grant Policies and Procedures
Based on policy resolutions adopted by Members of the Corporation and the Board of Directors of the VNA Foundation, Inc., this Foundation is operated to:
- provide support to charitable tax-exempt community related activities that will benefit home health care services and care for the elderly and infirm;
- to provide assistance to indigent patients or clients of home health agencies or other social service agencies in need of home health care products or other health care services;
- to provide relief to the poor and needy in society, and
- to promote an awareness of good health and health care to the public on a charitable basis.
Typically, Grants will range from $5,000 to $50,000. In order to consider more grants, 50% are on challenge or match basis.
Grants larger than $50,000 are typically spread over 2 or 3 years, installment payments, often on a challenge match basis.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Foundation welcomes grant requests from (otherwise) eligible tax-exempt organizations under Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3) and Section 509(a) located and/or operating within the Florida Counties of Orange, Seminole, Osceola, Lake and Brevard Counties, Florida.
- Special consideration will be given to distributions and grants to charitable and educational organizations which are organized and operated to help underprivileged or needy people to improve themselves or to relieve human suffering.
- The Foundation will deny requests (as adopted by our Board of Directors):
- “For alcoholism or drug abuse programs or facilities;
- “To pay off deficits or pre-existing debt;
- “For foreign organization or for foreign expenditures. For this purpose ‘foreign’ means outside the United States, or its territories and possessions, whether the organization itself is U.S. based or foreign based.
- “For travel projects or fellowships;
- “For chiefly church, sacramental, denominational or inter-denominational purposes, except outreach projects for elderly, indigent, needy, youth or homeless regardless of belief, race, color, creed or sex.
- “For endowment funds or other purely revenue generating funds;
- “Advocacy organizations or advocacy component funding;
- “From organizations having receipts or revenues from memberships and/or contributions of less than $25,000 in the previous year, or from any organization whose Internal Revenue Code section 509(a) ‘publicly supported’ status will need renewal in the next six (6) months.”
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the VNA Foundation Grant Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.