Wireless Innovation Project
Vodafone Americas FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $600,000
Anticipated deadline: Mar 5, 2019 11:59pm PST
Applicant type: College / University Nonprofit
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
About Vodafone Americas Foundation
- Social Issue Areas:
- Access to communication
- Economic development
- Technical Issue Areas:
- Language or Literacy hurdles
- Ease of use
The project must be at a stage of research where an advanced prototype or field/market test can occur during the award period.
The technology should have the potential for replication and large scale impact.
Teams should have a business plan or a basic framework for financial sustainability and rollout.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The competition seeks to support the most promising innovative solutions that address critical global social issues using wireless related technology.
- To be eligible for consideration, Applicants should meet the following criteria (“Eligibility Criteria”):
- Applicants should be either:
- U.S. nonprofit corporation or trust that is tax-exempt under IRS Section 501(c)(3) and that is a public charity (not a private foundation) or
- a U.S. University, including a university department, university-based research center, university-based entrepreneurship or technology innovation center that is legally part of the university.
- The applicant should propose an innovation in wireless-related technology to address a critical global issue in one or more of the following issue areas:
- access to communication,
- the environment or
- economic development.
- The project should demonstrate a significant advancement in wireless-related technology.
- We define innovation as something that hasn’t been done before, building upon existing technology, or a unique combination of technologies.
- The project should be at a stage of research where an advanced prototype or field/market test can occur during the award period.
- Projects should involve an established multi-disciplinary team that demonstrates the expertise needed for a comprehensive solution to the targeted problem.
- For example, a team may consist of members from two or more of the following disciplines: engineering, design, business, international development, or other relevant disciplines.
- A team may also consist of university-based researchers and non-profit organizations working such areas as international development, health or environment.
- Projects should demonstrate potential for replication and large scale impact.
- Proposals should include a business plan or demonstration of financial sustainability.
- Early-stage research, or ready to launch products, will not be considered.
- Project team participants may not be an employee of the Vodafone Americas Foundation, Vodafone Group Plc or any entity in which Vodafone Group Plc holds, directly or indirectly, a shareholding or interest of 20% or more or has the right to exercise, directly or indirectly, 20% or more of the voting rights (collectively, the “Vodafone Entities”).
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Wireless Innovation Project by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.