Volunteer Generation Fund Grant
Volunteer West ViriginiaSuggest an update
Anticipated deadline: Nov 15, 2020 2:00pm PST
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $10,000
Fields of work: All fields of work
Applicant type: Government Entity, Nonprofit
Funding uses: Training / Capacity Building
Location of project: Preferred: Counties in West Virginia: Barbour County, Boone County, Braxton County, Calhoun County, Gilmer County, Grant County, Hardy County, Lincoln County, Marion County, McDowell County, Mercer County, Pendleton County, Pleasants County, Summers County, Tucker County, Tyler County, Webster County, Wetzel County, Wirt County, Wyoming County Other eligible locations: West Virginia
Location of residency: West VirginiaView website Save
About this funder:
The Volunteer Generation Fund (VGF) is a federal grant program provided to state service commissions by the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS). VGF funds support the development and strengthening of volunteer programs in West Virginia.
Funding Goal: is to increase the ability of local nonprofit organizations or municipalities to successfully recruit, mobilize and retain volunteers and to provide high quality volunteer opportunities. Volunteer West Virginia will award grants of $5,000 to $10,000 for expanding, developing, and strengthening volunteer management practices.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The following entities are encouraged to apply: non-profit organizations, state and local governments, community and faith-based organizations.
- Applicants must be able to receive federal funds.
- ALLOWABLE EXPENSES
- Staff Time
- Contract for Goods or Services
- Promotional items
- Awards/Certificates (volunteers)
- Hospitality (ONLY IF relevant to VGF grant activities)
- Training: Instructor Fees, Materials, Curriculum Development, Conference Registration
- Travel (ONLY IF directly associated with grant activities)
- Volunteer Management Software/System
- Community Needs Assessment/Survey Costs
- Food is allowable ONLY if directly related to and essential to your VGF project.
- Bonus points are available for applications that fall within the below areas, however, all eligible applicants, regardless of fit within the below, are encouraged to apply.
- Geography: Boone, Barbour, Braxton, Calhoun, Gilmer, Grant, Hardy, Lincoln, McDowell, Marion, Mercer, Pendleton, Pleasants, Summers, Tucker, Tyler, Webster, Wetzel, Wirt, Wyoming.
- In and Out of School Enrichment, including Family Support Programming.
- Kinship Care: Programs supporting grandparents and other family members in raising children of family members
- Foster Care: Programs addressing gaps in the foster care system
- Intergenerational Programming: Programs that connect seniors and youth in service
- Drama, Music, and Art Activities: Programs that enrich preK-12 education curriculum, both in and out of school time.
- Other programming that fills gaps in services due to critical community issues such as the Opioid Epidemic.
- Adult Literacy: Expanding National Service and volunteer programs as a solution to improve adult literacy rates in West Virginia.
- Other programming Priorities: develop or pilot NEW strategies utilizing volunteerism to address compelling community needs, including:
- information technology,
- new and cutting-edge volunteerism initiatives,
- rural transportation solutions, and
- Senior Service initiatives.
- Disaster: includes a disaster volunteer component, such as a volunteer preparedness initiative, disaster volunteer training, preparations to serve as a disaster volunteer reception center, or similar initiatives.
- Current Volunteer Generation Fund grantees are NOT eligible to apply.
- VGF funding CANNOT be used for lobbying, religious or political activities, nor entertainment expenses (alcohol, entertainers, etc.).
- Service activities that do not provide a public benefit are not allowed.
- Federal funds may not be used for referrals or information related to abortion services or to support a campaign for elected office or private business, either directly or indirectly. Other specific prohibitions may apply.
- Applications that propose to engage in activities that are prohibited under CNCS’s statutes, regulations, or the terms and conditions of its awards are not eligible to receive CNCS funding.
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”