VT COVID-19 Response Fund
Vermont Community FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Fields of work: Epidemiology & Public Health Human & Social Services Health Care Access & Delivery Economic Services & Development Disaster Relief / Humanitarian Aid
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Training / Capacity Building, General Operating Expense
Location of project: Vermont
Location of residency: VermontView website Save
About this funder:
Note: To act quickly and remain flexible, at this time there will not be a formal application process for the VT COVID-19 Response Fund. That said, we would like to hear what you and your community are experiencing. Please email grants [at] vermontcf.org, and we will respond as soon as we are able.
About the Community Foundation
The Vermont Community Foundation was established in 1986 as a permanent source of support for the state. We are a family of hundreds of funds and foundations created by Vermonters to serve their charitable goals. We provide the advice, investment vehicles, and back-office expertise to make your giving easy and inspiring. Together, our funds and programs provide more than $18 million a year in grants in Vermont and beyond.
About the VT COVID-19 Response Fund
The Vermont Community Foundation has established the VT COVID-19 Response Fund to support nonprofits that are particularly equipped to address community impacts of the spread of the novel coronavirus in Vermont. Working with state, federal, municipal, public health, and nonprofit leadership, the Community Foundation will provide flexible resources to nonprofits working to address the most immediate public health and economic impacts of the disease, focusing on vulnerable populations and the service providers that support them.
This fund offers donors the opportunity to be part of a coordinated response to the many effects of COVID-19 in Vermont.
The Community Foundation and its partners will design and implement a dynamic grantmaking strategy that is responsive to the rapidly changing situation.
- The Foundation will establish a VT COVID-19 Response Fund Advisory Committee.
- In the near term, the Foundation will provide flexible, one-time general operating grants to local and regional organizations that are on the front lines of serving vulnerable populations. The type of grant or funding may be adapted as needs evolve.
- To act quickly and remain flexible, at this time there will not be a formal application process for the VT COVID-19 Response Fund. That said, we would like to hear what you and your community are experiencing. Please email [email protected], and we will respond as soon as we are able.
There will be emergency response, but there will also be longer term recovery. Philanthropy has a role to play in both.
- Grants will be made in multiple phases on a rolling basis, depending on the fundraising dollars that are received.
- In Phase One, we are looking to extend capacity and support the infrastructure of nonprofits positioned to meet the basic human needs of our most vulnerable populations, specifically elders, and families compelled to stay at home by illness, school, childcare and work closures. This may range from visiting nurses to meals on wheels, and from food pantries to program supports for socially distanced and isolated individuals. The Foundation will begin distribution of Phase One grants within 14 days.
- Phase Two is dependent on any state and federal support that becomes available and will focus primarily on economic and social strategies for those adversely affected.
- The Foundation anticipates many unmet needs of Vermonters across the board, and additional strategies will be announced as the VT COVID-19 Response Fund Advisory Committee evaluates the situation and determines the areas where philanthropic capital will make the biggest difference.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.