W.A. Cooke Foundation Grant Fund
William A. Cooke FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $1,400,000
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Virginia: Louisa County, Orange County
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The mission of the William A. Cooke Foundation is to furnish support in connection with the Shriners Hospitals for Children and the Counties of Louisa and Orange, through scholarships and grants for local public purposes that benefit the inhabitants of Louisa and Orange counties.
The grant making process is conducted by the Board of Directors in an impartial manner based upon an evaluation of each project request. Therefore, solicitation of individual members of the William A. Cooke Foundation Board of Directors by potential recipients for specific William A. Cooke Foundation grant requests is discouraged.
Priorities for funding will vary from time to time. Even though a project meets established criteria, it may not be adopted because of limited funds or other priorities.
The W.A. Cooke Foundation Grant Fund provides funding for projects that benefit the residents of Louisa and Orange counties. In the past, we've been able to support a diverse range of public projects, including the Earthquake Relief Fund, the Cooke-Haley Theatre, renovation of area homes, and adult education programs.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To be eligible for consideration, projects must be efforts involving a governmental unit or a not for profit tax exempt 501 (c) (3) organization as described in Section 509 (a)(1) or (2) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Projects must have the support of appropriate organizations and must benefit the inhabitants of Louisa and/or Orange Counties.
- The grant/project must:
- Be for local public purposes that benefit the inhabitants of Louisa and Orange Counties.
- Reasonably ensure continued support after involvement by the William A. Cooke Foundation is discontinued.
- Not involve liability to the William A. Cooke Foundation, except to provide the amount of the grant.
- Demonstrably benefit others beyond the individual organization recipient of the grant.
- Be located in Louisa and/or Orange Counties or impact or be “linked” to
Louisa and/or Orange Counties.
- Projects must not:
- Carry on propaganda or otherwise attempt to influence legislation.
- Restrict the services or facilities or employment provided by the grant to individuals based on race, creed, color, sex or national origin.
- Benefit a William A. Cooke Foundation Director or manager; or his spouse, ancestor, children, grandchildren, great grandchildren, and the spouses of children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren.
- Duplicate any existing Foundation grant.
- Involve the payment of general administration cost for the sponsoring organization.
- Involve the establishment of a permanent foundation or trust or a permanent interest- bearing account, or involve support for the general operating costs of any organization.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the W.A. Cooke Foundation Grant Fund by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.