Waco Foundation Discretionary Grant
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $1,100,000
Next deadline: Jul 1, 2018 9:59pm PDT
Later deadlines: Jan 1, 2019 9:59pm PST
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: McLennan County, Texas
Location of residency: McLennan County, TexasView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Waco Foundation Grant-Making Program
As the community foundation for McLennan County, our mission is to improve the quality of life for area residents. We work hard to be good stewards of the resources entrusted to our care and strive to make grant decisions that not only promote solutions to community challenges, but also build the capacity of service providers to partner collaboratively with others to improve the quality of life of area residents.
Waco Foundation is a 501(c)(3) public charity that strategically and purposefully supports community improvement and quality of life for the residents of McLennan County. Established in 1958, the Foundation provides a wide-range of charitable services to our community through our roles as a convener, grantmaker, listener, resource organizer and philanthropic promoter.
Helping people overcome poverty permanently. Priority will be given to the most focused, cost-effective methods of:
- Significantly reducing teen pregnancy
- Significantly increasing graduation rates from high school, technical school, community college and college
Supporting valuable projects that are:
- Interesting, unique and energizing; and which seek to make Waco a vibrant, inclusive and attractive community
- Considered to be critical components and high priorities of the entire community
Increasing the capacity of McLennan County’s nonprofit sector and the ability of the community-at-large, to address challenges by:
- Strengthening nonprofit sustainability
- Helping local organizations collaborate
- Increasing leadership capacity and pathways
Funding organizations which provide support and service to our most vulnerable residents – people in poverty, people with disabilities, the elderly, children and youth (primarily through Immediate Impact Grants).
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Waco Foundation only grants awards to 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organizations that are physically located in and serve the Waco-McLennan County, Texas area.
- The Foundation considers the following to be low giving priorities:
- Annual operating expenses of established agencies including debt reduction or retirement, deficit financing, reducing operating deficits or replenishing resources used to pay for such purposes.
- Historic preservation.
- Individuals, except through our educational scholarships.
- Local, state or national fundraising or awareness activities (including annual fund drives, benefit tickets, event sponsoring and telephone solicitations);
- Maintenance expenses or maintenance issues created due to deferred maintenance.
- Medical or scholarly research.
- Membership fees.
- Organizations located outside the Waco/McLennan County area even though their project may benefit local residents and communities.
- Political lobbying or legislative activities.
- Publications, videos, etc.
- Religious activities or programs that serve, or appear to serve specific religious groups or denominations. Projects that will serve a broad segment of the general population will be considered on the same basis as proposals from other agencies.
- Retroactive funding for current projects, programs or equipment.
- Start-up funding for new organizations.
- Tax supported entities (e.g. cities, schools).
- The use of and payment for services of a fiscal agent.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Waco Foundation Discretionary Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.