Walgreens Charitable Donations
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program, Biomedical
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Since our founding in 1901, Walgreen Co. and its employees have recognized the connection between strong communities and good business. The Walgreen motto, “The Pharmacy America Trusts,” reflects our belief in ethical business practices and our respect for the dedication of our employees in improving the quality of life in their communities.
As our company grows, and we bring our stores to new markets and new neighborhoods, we bring with us a tradition of supporting the health needs of our patients. Because we cannot support every worthy program, we have developed these guidelines to help eligible nonprofit organizations understand our priorities, values and limitations.
We value the efforts of our nation’s
nonprofit organizations in improving the
communities Walgreens serves. We look
forward to the opportunity to advance
these efforts, where they overlap with
the concerns of our patients, employees,
industry and corporate values.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Walgreen grants are made to eligible nonprofits operating in local Walgreen communities.
- Organizations seeking funding should have a specific focus on improving:
- Medical research,
treatment, and service advocacy for a single disease such as heart disease, cancer, diabetes,
- Access, outreach and education geared toward health
- Pharmacy education programs and
- Civic and Community Outreach
- Emergency and Disaster Relief
- Walgreens does contribute to faith-based organizations provided the contributions are not used for inherently religious purposes or to serve a limited constituency.
- Our contributions to faith-based organizations are designed to enhance services to the larger community in which an organization operates.
- Health is our major area of focus, and the largest share of our annual budget is allocated to programs that address the health needs of our patients.
- Single-Disease Agencies: Walgreens selects national nonprofit organizations that focus on medical research, treatment, and service advocacy for diseases such as heart disease, cancer, diabetes, arthritis, etc.
- Walgreens strives to achieve demographic balance in its grant-making. Priority will be given to those requests which most closely reflect the demographics of our patients and employees.
- Walgreens charitable funds will not be used to support:
- Any group which is not qualified as a nonprofit, tax-exempt organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
- Groups seeking educational or travel grants for contests, pageants, trips, or conventions
- Advertising, promotional events or sponsorship of athletic teams
- Lobbying, partisan or denominational groups
- Endowment campaigns
- Capital campaigns
- Sponsorships for individuals participating in cause-related events; i.e., walks, runs, conferences, etc.
- Sponsorships submitted by a third party on behalf of an organization
- Individual elementary and secondary schools
- Because Walgreens contributes to many local United Way campaigns across the nation, United Way supported agencies are not eligible to apply for additional support from Walgreens.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Walgreens Charitable Donations by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.