Open Applications: Local Community Grants
Wal Mart Foundation
Next deadline: Jul 15, 2023
Later deadlines: Oct 15, 2023, Dec 31, 2023, Apr 15, 2024, Jul 15, 2024
Grant amount: US $250 - US $5,000
Fields of work: Community Development & Revitalization Economic Services & Development Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Academic Success & Enrichment After School /Summer Educational Programs Tutoring & Mentoring Vocational & Trade Education Waste Management Recycling Environmental Stewardship Preventative Healthcare Human & Social Services Supportive Housing & Shelters Food Access & Hunger Community/Public Safety Recreation Arts / Culture Access & Participation Show all
Applicant type: Government Entity, Nonprofit, College / University, Indigenous Group, Elementary / Secondary School, House of Worship (e.g. a church, temple, mosque, etc)
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Project / Program
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United States
Walmart’s more than 2 million associates are residents, neighbors, friends and family in thousands of communities around the globe. Walmart works to strengthen these communities through both retail business and community giving, and we support and invest in communities through local giving. The following programs have open application processes with specific deadlines for eligibility and consideration.
Local Community Grants
Each year, our U.S. stores and clubs award local cash grants ranging from $250 to $5,000. These local grants are designed to address the unique needs of the communities where we operate. They include a variety of organizations, such as animal shelters, elder services and community clean-up projects.
Areas of Funding
- There are eight (8) areas of funding for which an organization can apply. Please review the areas listed below to ensure your organization’s goals fall within one of these areas.
- Community and Economic Development: Improving local communities for the benefit of low-income individuals and families in the local service area
- Diversity and Inclusion: Fostering the building of relationships and understanding among diverse groups in the local service area
- Education: Providing afterschool enrichment, tutoring or vocational training for low-income individuals and families in the local service area
- Environmental Sustainability: Preventing waste, increasing recycling, or supporting other programs that work to improve the environment in the local service area
- Health and Human Service: Providing medical screening, treatment, social services, or shelters for low-income individuals and families in the local service area
- Hunger Relief and Healthy Eating: Providing Federal or charitable meals/snacks for low-income individuals and families in the local service area
- Public Safety: Supporting public safety programs through training programs or equipment in the local service area
- Quality of Life: Improving access to recreation, arts or cultural experiences for low-income individuals and families in the local service area
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
Don’t miss out on other good fit funders!
See even more similar funders by creating a free 14-day account. Get personalized grant recommendations, tracking and more.
“Through Instrumentl, I was able to accomplish in 6 hours...SIX HOURS...what would have taken days or weeks with [another] search engine.”