Walter J. Miller Trust Grant
Walter J. Miller Trust
Grant amount: US $2,000 - US $15,000
Anticipated deadline: Feb 1, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program, Capital Project, Biomedical, Behavioral
Location of project: Pennsylvania
Location of residency: PennsylvaniaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Walter J. Miller Trust was established by the Last Will and Testament of Mr. Miller, in part to honor the memory of his two sisters, Ann C. Miller and May C. Miller. Today, the Trust makes grants to various charitable causes within the state of Pennsylvania and, as a perpetual trust, Walter J. Miller’s generosity will have an impact on those in need for years to come.
To provide grants to non-profit organizations in support of various charitable causes including education, health services, religious organizations, social welfare programs, the environment, and areas within the arts, culture, and humanities.
- Arts, culture, and humanities
- Human services
- Public/society benefit
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To be eligible, organizations must qualify as exempt organizations under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Consideration is also given to requests for the following:
- Education – The Trust awards grants to educational institutions and organizations.
- Health Services – The Trust supports non-profit hospitals that have official tax status as charitable hospitals.
- Funds are provided for unique programs, equipment, capital improvement, medical scholarships and research.
- Proposals must document a special need in the community and provide evidence that the needs cited are not being met by other organizations.
- Religion – The Trust supports churches of all denominations for education and capital improvements.
- Social Welfare – Broad-based agencies which provide assistance to the elderly, youth, indigent, and homeless will also be considered.
- Art and Theatre
- Preservation of Nature and Wildlife
- Preservation and restoration of historical buildings, monuments, and grounds.
- Preference may be given to requests made by the University of Pennsylvania, Bryn Mawr Hospital, and Lankenau Hospital.
- The foundation typically does not fund requests for:
- Political support
- Fundraising dinners or athletic events
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Walter J. Miller Trust Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.