WALTHAM Foundation Grant
Grant amount: Up to US $20,000
Anticipated deadline: Apr 1, 2018
Applicant type: Postdoctoral Researcher Faculty Working Professional
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The WALTHAM Foundation is a non-charitable organisation dedicated to expanding the frontiers of humane scientific research into the nutrition and healthy longevity of companion animals around the world.
Since its inception in 2001, the WALTHAM Foundation has funded projects in over 20 countries and provided in excess of US $1,000,000 towards research that helps to improve the health and welfare of companion animals worldwide. Up to 15 projects are funded per year. The vast number of peer-reviewed publications and internationally recognized presentations emanating from this work (over 500 to date) is a testament to the scientific calibre of the proposals we receive and the quality of the studies we have supported. WALTHAM is proud to partner with many of the world’s leading researchers.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Foundation exclusively sponsors research projects.
- It is expected that recipients will work at a university or research institute that provides basic research facilities and will publish their research in scientific journals to benefit companion animals and the general public around the world.
- Grants are made to scientists, veterinarians and nutritionists globally to improve and enrich the lives of companion animals.
- Projects are of a veterinary, nutritional, or behavioural nature.
- The research must not inflict suffering or result in the euthanasia of the animals involved.
- All clinical studies must have informed owner consent.
- The project may be part of an existing programme but the application must be for a clearly defined piece of original research.
- The foundation does not fund other activities (e.g., student travel or college scholarships, charitable activities) that do not involve research.
- The WALTHAM Foundation will not support any study that results in the harming of any animal.
- The WALTHAM Foundation will NOT sponsor the following:
- Research into surgical procedures, pharmacological studies, toxicological studies or studies that are likely to lead to the development of a drug or vaccine.
- Research into non-pet species (such as farm or wild animals) unless its relevance to companion animals is clearly stated.
- Research that causes suffering or results in euthanasia of the animals involved.
- Studies whose subjects have clinical conditions that have been artificially induced.
- Any non-research proposals including students’ scholarships for travel or academic courses.
- Donations to charitable organisations or for charitable work.
- Applications for sums greater than $20,000 USD.
- Funding will not be provided for travel and accommodation unless it is for essential fieldwork.
- The grant will not support travel and subsistence or registration for scientific meetings, conferences, or workshops.
- Funding will not be provided for the purchase of equipment or computer
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the WALTHAM Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.