Washington Sea Grant: Program Development Grant
Washington Sea GrantSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $25,000
Applicant type: Postdoctoral Researcher College / University Nonprofit Faculty Working Professional
Funding uses: Research, Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: WashingtonView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Washington Sea Grant (WSG) is part of a national network, funded and coordinated by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) through a federal–state partnership. WSG activities for the period February 1, 2014–January 31, 2018 are funded through a federal omnibus grant that integrates research, education, public engagement, and administrative activities.
WSG sets aside a portion of its federal budget for small Program Development grants that allow timely responses to new or changing needs and provide the capacity to plan and begin implementation in emerging program areas. The grants address problems and opportunities that further our mission, but which may not be readily identified during our program’s four-year planning and budgeting cycle or fit into our competitive research project selection cycle.
Program Development funds may be used for diverse purposes that fall into several categories:
- rapid response research, education, and outreach activities to address urgent marine and coastal needs
- early start-up of projects that will become part of our next four-year planning cycle
- joint activities with other Sea Grant College programs or partners
- seed grants to support new technologies or young investigators
- seed grants to expand WSG-supported research and education
- participation in activities that build and strengthen ties within and among marine sectors and institutions
- student support, through advisor or school, to complete long-term projects and allow participation in educational activities
- program planning and development
- needs not anticipated during routine WSG planning cycles
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Washington Sea Grant provides competitive and noncompetitive funding opportunities for researchers who seek to address questions about our oceans, coastlines, and coastal communities.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Washington Sea Grant: Program Development Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.