Water Resource Conservation Public Education and Outreach Grant Program
Colorado Department of Natural Resources (CO DNR)Suggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Next deadline: Jun 1, 2019
Later deadlines: Aug 1, 2019, Oct 1, 2019, Dec 1, 2019, Feb 1, 2020, Apr 1, 2020
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit For-Profit Business
Funding uses: Education / Outreach
Location of project: Colorado
Location of residency: ColoradoView website Save Need help writing this grant?
- Requests less than $50,000: May be submitted any time throughout the year.
- Requests of $50,000 or more: Must be submitted by the deadlines above (the first of the month prior to a bi-monthly Board meeting.)
The Colorado Water Conservation Board (CWCB) represents each major water basin, Denver and other state agencies in our joint effort to use water wisely and protect our water for future generations. The CWCB is Colorado’s most comprehensive water information resource. The agency maintains expertise in a broad range of programs and provides technical assistance to further the utilization of Colorado’s waters.
Water Resource Conservation Public Education and Outreach Grants
The Program provides financial assistance to aid agencies in promoting the benefits of water resource conservation through public education and outreach.
Grant money can be used to fund outreach and/or education programs aimed at demonstrating the benefits of water conservation. The Water Efficiency Grant Program Fund provides financial assistance for the following purposes:
- Developing Water Conservation plans
- Implementing CWCB-approved Water Conservation plans
- Promoting the benefits of water resource conservation through public education and outreach projects
- Developing Drought Mitigation plans
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Financial assistance may be provided to a public or private agency whose primary purpose includes the promotion of water resource conservation.
- To apply, an applicant must demonstrate that:
- It is in fact a covered entity through its annual retail water demand for the past five years, and that the covered entity has a locally adopted Water Conservation Plan with goals defined for water savings; or
- It is in fact a state or local governmental entity through the disclosure of its organizational structure, its charter (or equivalent) and that the state or local governmental entity has a locally adopted Water Conservation Plan with goals defined for water savings; or
- It is in fact a public or private entity whose primary purpose includes water resource conservation based on its charter (e.g., articles of incorporation, by-laws, etc.) and/or defined operating principles.
- The Water Efficiency Grant Program requires that entities and agencies requesting funding under these programs will need to have and demonstrate the ability to provide 25% of the project budget with matching funds, either as cash or in-kind services or through payment of consulting fees or any combination thereof.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Water Resource Conservation Public Education and Outreach Grant Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.