Basin Water Supply Reserve Fund Grants
Colorado Department of Natural Resources (CO DNR)Suggest an update
Grant amount: More than US $100,000
Next deadline: Apr 1, 2019
Later deadlines: Jun 1, 2019, Aug 1, 2019, Oct 1, 2019, Dec 1, 2019, Feb 1, 2020
Applicant type: Individuals Government Entity Nonprofit For-Profit Business
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Colorado
Location of residency: ColoradoView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Note: Applications for WSRF funding must be evaluated and approved by the Basin Roundtable where the eligible water activity will occur. Applicants should contact the applicable Roundtable and CWCB staff early in the process, several months before the applicant would like to begin the project. After approval by the Roundtable, the applicant is required to submit to CWCB by the deadlines above.
Senate Bill 06-179, adopted by the 2006 General Assembly, created the Water Supply Reserve Account, now called the Water Supply Reserve Fund (per SB13-181) (WSRF). Monies in the Fund are continuously appropriated to the CWCB for loans or grants for water activities approved by the Basin Roundtable in which the water activity would occur.
To help ensure opportunities for roundtables to seek funding in an orderly fashion and at the same time to encourage competitive water activities from every river basin, the CWCB will administer two accounts in the WSRF. he CWCB will administer two accounts in the WSRF: Basin Accounts and a Statewide Account.
The information on this page pertains to the Basin Accounts.
- Basin Accounts will be established for each of the 9 roundtables to be used to fund water activities within any designated roundtable on a competitive basis based on the eligibility requirements in this section and the evaluation criteria outlined in this document.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Entity eligibility: Entities that may apply for grants or loans from the fund include:
- Public (Government) - municipalities, enterprises, counties and State of Colorado agencies.
- Federal agencies are eligible entities, but the agency would need to demonstrate why a local non-federal partner should not be the grant recipient.
- Public (Districts) - authorities, Title 32 special districts, conservancy, conservation, and irrigation districts, and water activity enterprises.
- Private Incorporated – mutual ditch companies, homeowners associations and non-profit corporations.
- Private not incorporated – individuals, partnerships and sole proprietors are eligible.
- Non-governmental organizations – typically non-profit but also includes for-profit corporations.
- Covered Entities - as defined in Section 37-60-126 C.R.S., are eligible for grants or loans if the applicant has adopted an approved water conservation plan.
- Water Activity Eligibility: Examples of eligible water activities are listed but expressly not limited by SB 06-179. The following are examples of eligible water activities.
- Competitive grants for environmental compliance and feasibility studies.
- Technical assistance regarding permitting, feasibility studies, and environmental compliance.
- Studies or analysis of structural, nonstructural, consumptive, and nonconsumptive water needs, projects or activities.
- Structural or nonstructural projects or activities.
- Grants to promote education and outreach, if the proposed activity is consistent with the applicable roundtable’s current Education Action Plan, as determined by the roundtable’s Public Education, Participation and Outreach (PEPO) liaison or Outreach Committee.
- Eligibility Based on Funding Match Requirements:
- For requests for funding only from a basin roundtable account, the applicant must demonstrate at least a 25% match.
- See the full RFA for complete match details.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Basin Water Supply Reserve Fund Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.