Basin Water Supply Reserve Fund Grants
Colorado Department of Natural Resources (CO DNR)Suggest an update
Grant amount: More than US $100,000
Next deadline: Apr 1, 2020
Later deadlines: Jun 1, 2020, Aug 1, 2020, Oct 1, 2020, Dec 1, 2020, Feb 1, 2021
Applicant type: Individuals Government Entity Nonprofit For-Profit Business
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Colorado
Location of residency: ColoradoView website Save
About this funder:
NOTE: Prior to applying to the CWCB, the applicant must have the approval of the basin roundtable in which the activity will occur. See the basin roundtables page for details about upcoming meeting dates and contact information. A complete, detailed application, including letter from the respective basin roundtable, statement of work, budget, schedule, and maps must be received by the CWCB no later than the first of the month, the month prior to the bimonthly CWCB meeting at which the application will be considered for funding. For example, applications for the March CWCB meeting are due February 1st.
The WSRF Program provides grants and loans to assist Colorado water users in addressing their critical water supply issues and interests. The funds help eligible entities complete water activities, which may include competitive grants for:
- Technical assistance regarding permitting, feasibility studies and environmental compliance;
- Studies or analysis of structural, nonstructural, consumptive and nonconsumptive water needs, projects or activities; and
- Structural and nonstructural water projects or activities.
Requests for funds from the Account must be approved by at least one of Colorado’s nine basin roundtables. The request is then forwarded to the CWCB to evaluate and make final funding decisions.
The Basin Account funds water activities from a basin roundtable. The CWCB evaluates applications for the Basin Account to ensure the Threshold Criteria are met.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Entity eligibility: Entities that may apply for grants or loans from the fund include:
- Public (Government) - municipalities, enterprises, counties and State of Colorado agencies.
- Federal agencies are eligible entities, but the agency would need to demonstrate why a local non-federal partner should not be the grant recipient.
- Public (Districts) - authorities, Title 32 special districts, conservancy, conservation, and irrigation districts, and water activity enterprises.
- Private Incorporated – mutual ditch companies, homeowners associations and non-profit corporations.
- Private not incorporated – individuals, partnerships and sole proprietors are eligible.
- Non-governmental organizations – typically non-profit but also includes for-profit corporations.
- Covered Entities - as defined in Section 37-60-126 C.R.S., are eligible for grants or loans if the applicant has adopted an approved water conservation plan.
- Water Activity Eligibility: Examples of eligible water activities are listed but expressly not limited by SB 06-179. The following are examples of eligible water activities.
- Competitive grants for environmental compliance and feasibility studies.
- Technical assistance regarding permitting, feasibility studies, and environmental compliance.
- Studies or analysis of structural, nonstructural, consumptive, and nonconsumptive water needs, projects or activities.
- Structural or nonstructural projects or activities.
- Grants to promote education and outreach, if the proposed activity is consistent with the applicable roundtable’s current Education Action Plan, as determined by the roundtable’s Public Education, Participation and Outreach (PEPO) liaison or Outreach Committee.
- Eligibility Based on Funding Match Requirements:
- For requests for funding only from a basin roundtable account, the applicant must demonstrate at least a 25% match.
- See the full RFA for complete match details.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Basin Water Supply Reserve Fund Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.