Scott Education Grants
Klamath Basin Audubon SocietySuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $300
Anticipated deadline: Jan 31, 2020
Applicant type: Faculty
Funding uses: Education / Outreach
Location of project: Oregon
Location of residency: OregonView website Save Need help writing this grant?
KBAS thanks the Herschel Wayne Scott and Lois Ann Scott Estates for their generosity and commitment to environmental and wildlife education for the children of the Klamath Basin. Since 2004, KBAS has operated a grant program on their behalf with the purpose of awarding instructional grants to area educators in Klamath, Lake, Modoc, and Siskiyou counties, in either public or private learning institutions.
Emphasis is placed on teachers for grades K-6, but the selection committee may consider other education programs that provide outreach to children under the age of 18 who live in the Klamath Basin. This program began in 1996 under the guidance of Wayne and Lois Ann Scott and was funded by the Klamath Basin Audubon Society.
Although other projects will be considered, KBAS encourages the use of grant funds for the following:
- Projects that focus on recycling and solid waste issues, and/or awareness of natural resource consumption.
- Projects in which students conduct hands-on science or conservation activities.
- A class field trip to any Klamath Basin National Wildlife Refuge and participation in some type of program or presentation by refuge staff.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must be area educators in Klamath, Lake, Modoc, and Siskiyou counties, in either public or private learning institutions.
- Projects should involve an entire class or be
open to public attendance or use, and should demonstrate achievable and
relevant conservation or education goals.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Scott Education Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.