WCC Rising Star Award
American Chemical SocietySuggest an update
Grant amount: US $1,000
Deadline: Jun 15, 2020
Applicant type: Research Scientist Faculty Postdoctoral Researcher
Funding uses: Conference
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United States
Gender restriction: Female
Degree requirements: Applicants must be within 15 years of receiving their PhDView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The WCC Rising Star Award recognizes up to ten outstanding women scientists approaching mid-level careers who have demonstrated outstanding promise for contributions to their respective fields.
The award includes the following:
- The opportunity to present contributions at a WCC-sponsored symposium at the spring ACS national meeting. The award symposium serves to highlight the accomplishments of the award winners by providing a venue to inform researchers and other professionals of the status of current work, ideas, and thought; to enable networking with other practitioners; and to acquaint scientists with other active members of the research community.
- A $1,000 stipend to cover spring national meeting travel expenses.
- Visibility and networking opportunities at the spring national meeting—awardees are recognized at the WCC ‘Just Cocktails’ reception and at the WCC Luncheon where awardees are seated at the head tables along with ACS governance, WCC members, and fellow award winners.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The award is open to all female ACS members in chemistry and chemical engineering working in academic, industrial, government, non-profit or other employment sectors.
- Appropriate candidates will typically be no more than 15 years from receipt of their terminal scientific degree and have demonstrated outstanding promise for contributions to their respective fields.
- Applicants can either be self-nominated or can be nominated by another individual for this award.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member.
- The following are not eligible:
- those who are already widely acknowledged and recognized in their area of chemistry or chemical engineering and are at the pinnacle of their careers;
- ACS national award winners;
- those who have received a prior award under this program;
- members of the National Women Chemists Executive Committee
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the WCC Rising Star Award by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.